Won't Start Up Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

beltz02

Solid State Member
Okay I'll get right to it. I just build a Cube PC. This was only the second time I've built one so I may have messed something small up. If you believe that is the case please don't be afraid to say so.

Heres the Problem. I plug in the power and the LED's, the fans, everything seems to be turning on. The DVD drive's light is on but it won't open. I can force it with the paperclip but it still seems to have zero power. Also nothing appears on the screen. Its like its not detected that I have a graphics card at all.

any recommendations would be great.

Thank you in advance

unattached everything but CPU, RAM and Video Card, Then try restarting.

I hope I don't need to tell you this but Ill do it anyways.

When you goto unattach everything the computer and power supply switch MUST be OFF.

All New Parts

Motherboard:
MSI P4MAM2-V Series (MS-7095 v1.X) Micro ATX

Processor:
Celeron D 2.93GHz

Vid Card:
VGA DIAMOND|S85 9250 128MB AGP RT

HD:
120 gig Western Digital

DvD Burner:
LITE-ON Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache ATAPI/E-IDE DVD Burner - OEM

Ram:
Ultra 256 & PowerMemory 512

Do the strip test as oulined above. First, however, remove everything except the mobo including the PSU to mobo ocnnectors. Refit the CPU and Heatsink, PSU, RAM and Video card and reboot. ????? what happens?

Take out the RAM, which would leave Video and CPU attached, THEN try booting, if you get no error beeps, it means its either a bad Motherboard or bad CPU, also try the video card in another computer if you can.

If you do recieve beeps, as you should with no RAM present, test 1 stick at a time to recreate the problem.

I did a very bad thing. On the other Desktop that I built I attempted to pull the processor out to see if maybe I put the other one (on the cube) in wrong.

I got too rough with it and now I have 2x computer that need new processors

for a future reference. Can anyone answer this for me? Once you lock down those levers on the fan, are they never suppost to come undone or what? It seems almost impossible to get that off of there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom