freezing probelm

Status
Not open for further replies.

iam_not_2fast4u

Daemon Poster
my computer keeps on freezing even whan its just idleing it will eventually freeze. what could the source of this problem be? thanks in advance

Hmm... Not enough heat in the system. I'd consider adding more harddrives, another video card, perhaps a Pentium 4 processor. In the extreme case a coil heater should do fine, but like I said, the Pentium 4 is a much wiser choice for heating up a system.

No I'm kidding ^_^! Perhaps it IS heating. Make sure all your fans are working, check your cpu/psu/gpu fans, make sure the case fans are working and the case is properly ventilated. Check running processes, see whats clogging up memory, defragment your harddrive, do virus/adware scans, and tell us how it is

defragging now it will freeze at usually 105 f. i have alot of fans in there it freezes earlier now. the grapics gets hot though. you think i need to exchange the proccessor?

First) BUMP for iam_not_2fast4u ;)

Second)
No I'm kidding ^_^! Perhaps it IS heating. Make sure all your fans are working, check your cpu/psu/gpu fans, make sure the case fans are working and the case is properly ventilated. Check running processes, see whats clogging up memory, defragment your harddrive, do virus/adware scans, and tell us how it is

Do that!!! Very good advice septoiod. :p

Third)
you think i need to exchange the proccessor?
Its fine, its not the processor

Fourth) Try another videocard!!!!

Fith) (Idle Temps!!!)

untitled.jpg

High Graphic Card Temps and Low System Fan Speeds.

My Tohught
Video Card Overheat and need more system airflow

~Joe

EDIT:

k8n_bios3.jpg

We were just talking and were wondering if anything here could make cards in the slot act weird casuing freezing.

that is idle, i added another fan and modded where the fans are for better airflo. thes the second grapics card ive used. i orded a 6800gt cooling set up. how do i rase the fan speed? I dont care about noise. Thank you very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom