cleaning my machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a 6 foot (2 meter's I think) hose with the tip of a pen atatched to one side, I blow through the other side. It works realy well. I use such a long hose because it catches all the moisture and spit from my breath:D

a q-tip is a cotton swab (its a brand name)

they do make little fans for computers, i have one but its exremely OLD.

those keyboard cleaners would work (they spray out air with special chemicals)

I thought it was just compressed air. Well, I guess not becvause you get sick as a dog if you inhale to much of it.

GhostDJR said:
I thought it was just compressed air. Well, I guess not becvause you get sick as a dog if you inhale to much of it.

lol, compressed air has a warning lable that says not to inhale it ;) Anyways, compressed air has always worked for me and I guess u could try q-tips and such but pressured air is best... MAKE SURE NOT TO POINT IT DOWNWARD AS U USE IT.... or it will come out as really really cold liquid (my friend was goofing around and decided blowing some compressed air into my ear would be fun while I was building his comp... he was stupid and pointed down and my ear was really cold for a while... sux trust me. :( )

You can remove the fan itself from the top of the heatsink. It should have four screws holding it to the heatsink. If it is as bad as you say, you definately need to remove the fan ato clean it, as well as to blow out the fins on the heatsink.

Just be sure that you plug the fan back into the mobo when you remount it. Otherwise your CPU will last a very short time before it fries...

Orion_AurA said:
u only lost a couple million brain cells... no big lol
Meh, the chemicals in it make you sick before you ever get high. And it was a dare so there was no major keyboard cleaner huffing.;)

thanks for the replies

compressed air is expensive, at 7 pounds a can, is it really worth using when cleaning a machine up
so i should blow the compressed air laterally, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom