urgently need help with DOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
I'm in the middle of a test for an interview. But I cant even begin the test! I need to install some software. I'm stuck no this step:

At the command prompt change the directory to C:\XIncTest and run the following command: osql –Usa –P<SA PASSWORD> -isetupdb.sql
Where <SA PASSWORD> is the ‘sa’ account password for your local instance of SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine. The script creates the XIncTest database and assigns it as the default database for the ‘sa’ login. Proceed to Step 7.

when i type in this command it says 'the system cannot find the specified file' even though the file setupdb.sql DOES exist. There's no i beore it so i tried the command both with and without the i. **** thign wont work.

dos also gave me probs a while ago. when i installed the package i insgtalled it to a certain directory which iwasnt able to access thru dos. whenever i tried changing the dir it gave me the same error msg that the file cant be found. i installed the program again to a different directory which then worked.

please help! im in the middle of a test wchih ends in 3 hours and i cant even install to start the test :(

dan

what youa re executing is this:
osql.exe

with the parameters:
–Usa –P<SA PASSWORD> -isetupdb.sql

does that file exist?

Inaris said:
what youa re executing is this:
osql.exe

with the parameters:
–Usa –P<SA PASSWORD> -isetupdb.sql

does that file exist?

setupdb.sql does
when i change the cmd to put a space ie "-i setupdb.sql" or without the i altogether it still doesnt work

no, the program you are executing is osql.exe

does that exist?

the command you are executing is using switches to identify what you are executing.
-U is for user, SA is the user account
-P is for Password
-i is for input file (i'm assuming) so the file setupdb.sql is the input file used for configuring the SQL database you are trying to create.

not to be mean, but if your having this much trouble with understanding this, maybe your barking up the wrong tree....

FYI... if the file isn't there Look here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom