Adding more fans. Is there such thing as a splitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
My motherboard only has a certain amount of those 3 pin white connectors to power these fans. Right now I have 4 fans in there, but as I cleaned out the local landfill today (my room) I came across 3 more. I was just thinking, how would I attach more fans if I had no more "ports" to power them? Is there such thing as like, a splitter? Meaning, it plugs into 1 of the ports on the motherboard (the 3 pin white connectors) and has 2 outputs for those fans?

TheMajor said:
Why do you want more fans? All they do is make more noise.

That's besides the point... And I'm not adding anymore fans, but when I came across the previous fans I had, I figured... "What if..."

My pc already runs "cooler than normal," probably cause I live in my parents basement. :D

I searched newegg for something along those lines, couldn't find anything for fans though :confused:

Camden said:
I searched newegg for something along those lines, couldn't find anything for fans though :confused:

I just wasn't sure what your options were if you were to run out of ports. I mean, maybe there's a PCI card that carries these? Then again using a PCI card for something like this is almost not worth it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom