5.1 Surround Sound Headphones..

Status
Not open for further replies.
grego said:
It is a known fact that many pro gamers use high end stereo headphones rather than 5.1 headphones.

I'm not a pro gamer. How do you even become a pro gamer? do you have to actually win monetary prizes to be considered pro or just participate in a tournament where the prize is monetary? Do you have to live completely on your winnings from gaming tournaments with no other job? hmmm... off topic, but interesting. I'll just stick with my surround sound speaker setup for gaming and not have to worry about headphones. Until my neighbors call the cops for the 6th time and i get hauled off to jail. haha :p

BColes said:
I'm not a pro gamer. How do you even become a pro gamer? do you have to actually win monetary prizes to be considered pro or just participate in a tournament where the prize is monetary?

If you live like teh_pwnerer, you are a pro gamer. If you find yourself playing on the Ukraine National CS:S team, you're a pro gamer. It's really not too hard of a concept to grasp...

What else is there for me to do when I'm born to play FPS? Well, play FPS. And although I'm a pro, I don't have the headphones... :freak:

oh yea...!

My headphones are a pair of cheap plastic things I got with my CD player from wal-mart probably 6 months ago, and they do the trick

:D ;)

PoisonPorkchop said:
Hmmm... $900 headphones or an fx-57.... lets see....
That's why I don't recommend 5.1 headphones. Guys, if you like having pictures of medusa on your headphones... then by all means, get it. You're throwing away your money, not mine. 5.1 headphones are not actually 5.1. They just have 5 cheap drivers in each canister. The only thing you would gain from them is soundstage, however with a nice pair of of headphones by any of the brands I previously listed, the difference in soundstage would be very hard to tell, and you would get GREAT sound quality, without coloration or distortion.

003 said:
They just have 5 cheap drivers in each canister. They only thing you would gain from them is soundstage, however with a nice pair of of headphones by any of the brands I previously listed, the difference in soundstage would be very hard to tell, and you would get GREAT sound quality, without coloration or distortion.

Yea, I said that my medusa's had an super wide soundstage, but I never said it was very accurate :). The HORRIBLE amp and extreme lack of bottom end also made those headphones unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom