case too hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
ok well i have a computer i am upgrading and i have a sempron 3000+ in it and a 5200ultra and 1 gig of ram a 80 gig hdd and my case gets too hot inside, it idles at 30 and when i have a game playin it gets up to 42-44 and thats just the case temp, i have an older model cheiftec case, case but were it shows the 2 80's in the back i have 1 90 in the back and a 90 on the side panel and a 80 on the other side. and an 80 in the front lower part on the casehow can i set up my fans to have optimal airflow and stuff, because as of tommorow i am upgrading my comp by getting a 7800gt in it and a new mobo so i casn only assume it will get hotter with it. so how should i set up my fans?

oh yeah i added my own fan on it, i made a hole on the top for a 120 mm fan

woulkd adding somthing like this for extreme exhaust help? exahust

i did come up with an idea but i have no clue about the condensation that woullld build up or anything, i was going to get some flex duct and 2 90mm fans, and build a fram for the duct to the outside, and put a fan at the end of it sucking cold air from outside and another fanpulling the air into the case, its pretty cold outside right now, would that build up condensation?

no, the fan adjuster wouldn't help. That allows you to turn down the fans. I mean, it may sound stupid, but buy a few more fans and double stack them. In theory, it should increase airflow by a good 70%

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
no, the fan adjuster wouldn't help. That allows you to turn down the fans. I mean, it may sound stupid, but buy a few more fans and double stack them. In theory, it should increase airflow by a good 70%

Ryan
I was on the understanding double stacking fans has a reverse affect on your air flow?

It does decrease...... There is just to much turbulence for the air to go through two sets of blades that could be spinning at seperate RPMS and not aligned perfectly.......

æArchOAngelæ said:
i did come up with an idea but i have no clue about the condensation that woullld build up or anything, i was going to get some flex duct and 2 90mm fans, and build a fram for the duct to the outside, and put a fan at the end of it sucking cold air from outside and another fanpulling the air into the case, its pretty cold outside right now, would that build up condensation?

All ready been done ;)

I tried using my tube setup when it was 5*c, and it started getting the window in the case all foggy, and the comp started making funny noise's,so i suggest you find some other way of cooling or your probably gonna fry something.

their was another way i saw of doing it that requires u to put a cardboard box halfway in the middle of the tubing, so this way it gets alittle warmer and doesnt condesnse in the case, i dont remember where i saw it but i didnt know if it was nesesary to do that.

what kinds of fans do you have? You could just buy some higher CFM fans and call it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom