Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
This is the error I get:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This happens when I opened a folder in my documents. The folder was fine and all the files were fine, I deleted a couple unneccessary files and the next time I opened the folder, this error message popped up.

I tried to restore the deleted files from the recylce bin to see if that would help, instead, now the error pops up when I try to access "my documents" at all. I can't get to any folder now.

What the heck is this Runtime program anyways and how do I bypass it or find a solution?

Also, I recently did a windows update today before this happened, but everything was fine until a few minutes ago.

Did some searching and found out the microsoft has a hotfix for this problem, but you have to contact microsoft's techs for obtaining the fix.

So, I went into safe mode and checked out some of the more suspicious files, it seems like me and my fiancee's love for limewire and bittorrent got us some files that the names were too long. I had to fist rename the files, then i could delete them. I also did some cleaning up and rearranging in the main documents folder. it seems to have worked.

Sorry for the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom