dont want to keep throwing money at the problem. HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkcyde

Beta member
Ok the system:
Biostar M7NCD
3200+ barton
1gig Corsair value select 2x512
Nvidia FX5600 xt 256meg

The Problem:
I had the same video card but it was the 128meg verson. it was locking up after 2-5 min in just about any game I played. So I figured the video card was weak and went to the 256meg one. put it in and I have windows screens that are unreadable as seen here
vid1.jpg

vid2.jpg

vid3.jpg

I thought it was the video card so I tried it in my GFs box. it works fine there. so I did alot of reading and seen that other people were having issues but no one seems to know whats causing it.

I reloaded the box fresh and got the same thing
I reloaded again but this time with out the nforce 2 motherboard drivers and the video returns to normal but the box is unsuable ( five mins for a typed line in MS word to show on the screen)
I haved looked, there are no updated drivers beyond what my card came with
same with the motherboard
what is the problem and what do I need to do to fix it?

Im not rich and cant keep tossing money away. my shitty 1800 would at least play games. I have had this box for 6 months and I have yet to use this box for anything beyond a chat box with a 64 meg ati card in it.

HELP!!!!!!!

something is loose inside of your pc

readjust the rams
make sure all cables are tight and properly placed

Does it do that before it gets to windows too? Like can you see the POST screen okay?

Are you able to run with different RAM to test it out?

Because at this point, I'd bet my chips on your motherboard.

to try to sum up all the responses.
nothing is loose in the computer (it runs with ati card. ok) and I checked anyhow to make sure when the problem first showed up.

its not the PSU its been tested, tested ok and its 400 watt.

thanks I stand corrected, there is a newer driver. still the same thing tho, its the mother board drivers that seem to be causing the garbled image. thanks for the info on the newer driver though.

and to last one, I ran a complete ram test on the memory, it was perfect, even let the ram test make over 30 passes on a unix based test but still checked out great.
it doesnt do it in post, in post everything looks great there, its when windows starts that it does that. and like I said, I can remove that by not using the motherboard drivers but then the box is totally unusable and unstable.
thanks for all the responces so far. they have been good even if I have already done most of them

as to it being the motherboard.

Is there anyone here that uses the FX5600XT with 256meg of ram? what boards have worked for you??
I dont want to go threw a few dozen boards trying to find one that this card likes :-(

Looks to me like the video cards GPU is toast. Is it a used Nvidia card?? Vertical striping and garbled video is usually the GPU. However, take the new card and put it into another puter (any frineds puter will do) and see what happens. It might be the Mobo but don't spend anymore money until you check out that Nvidia card.

RicoDirenzo said:
Looks to me like the video cards GPU is toast. Is it a used Nvidia card?? Vertical striping and garbled video is usually the GPU. However, take the new card and put it into another puter (any frineds puter will do) and see what happens. It might be the Mobo but don't spend anymore money until you check out that Nvidia card.

as I said in the first post, I tried the video card in my GFs box and it worked fine. thanks tho

what would be a good board replace with for use with the fx5600xt nvidia 256meg? dont mind getting another but would like to hear from someone with that video card so I am not going threw 4-5 mobos getting one that werks.

thanks
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom