this build ok? its 3.2k in total

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehelm

Daemon Poster
ya its 3.2k in total

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

Hard Drive(s): Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3200826AS 200GB 7200 RPM 8M Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM x 2

Video Card(s): eVGA 512-P2-N545 Geforce 7800GTX 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail x 2

Media Drive(s):SONY White 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner - Retail x 2

Power Supply: Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, TUV, CB, FCC CLASS B, CUL - Retail

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 FX57 San Diego 1GHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - Retail

RAM:CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM ECC Registered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail x 2

Computer Case: RAIDMAX ATX-901WB Black Steel ATX Mid Tower

Computer Case - Retail (As shown in picture)

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Elite Pro 8 (7.1)
Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

Cooling::ZALMAN RESERATOR 1 Plus Fanless Water cooling System (Reservoir+Radiator+Water Pump), - Retail

thanks in advance :p

1) get the DFI UT NF4 SLI-DR expert :)

2) get the OCZ 600W power supply sense you have the money :D

3) why not dual core, you shuold get the X2 4800+

4) if your going to OC you might want some nicer OCZ ram rather then their XMS

PZEROFGH said:

3) why not dual core, you shuold get the X2 4800+
It sounds like he wants to do some serious gaming and also has a lot of money. The fx-57 will outperform the 4800+ on most games for quite a while. He can upgrade when his system starts lagging behind, which will probably be a long time away.

EDIT: Get some raptors as well and raid them

weringo said:

EDIT: Get some raptors as well and raid them

3 74GB Raptors in RAID 5 would do nicly or 3 SCSI drives.

He prolly doesn't have the money for 3 raptors or SCSI setup though.

Like Pzero said, with a 3.2K budget youll want the 600 watt OCZ.

You could get a pc power & cooling 850w. That will provide more than enough power for a loooooong time. It is one of the few power supplies that passed all the tests given on tomshardware, it has been approved for sli, and has a powerful single rail. Also get the x2 4400+ and overclock it. Get good ocz memory........Hell, if you wait until around q2 of next year you can make a dual core, m2 mobo, ddr2 memory, next gen graphics computer. As for the mobo: get MSI if you don't wanna overclock, and a DFI board if you do want to oc. I see you are looking into watercooling, but that system you chose will not be good for overclocking. If you decide to save money by overclocking, read Nubius' watercooling sticky in the overclocking section of the forum. Should be a nice setup.

Get the X2 4800+, because when games like UT 2k7 with the Unreal Engine 3 it will be optimized for dual core CPU's and the X2 4800 is, a VERY good Dual Core CPU

The FX-57 will outperform games that came out in 2005 and before but alot of the games in 2006 will have dual core support; you don't need a FX-57 to max out games that are only single threaded a 4400+ or a 4800+ with 2 GTX 512s will put plenty of fps for games that are only single threaded . I say get a 4400+ and overclock it and use the rest of the money to get a PPU when they come out.

Looks like you are wasting money. Are you making this just for benchmarking or so you won't have to upgrade for 5 or so years?

You only need 1 GTX 7800 512 meg
You want a AMD X2 4800+
You can do much better for your harddrives that use SATA2 and have twice as much cache.

thanks everyone :DD

well i will go with the 600W psu suggestion but sorry fx 57 is my favorite, so i am probably not going to change that one

well i just wanted to build a powerful pc to run games at highest settings so i dont have to upgrade for a long time

( im outta money after i buy this pc ) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom