5.1 Surround Sound Headphones..

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC2k5 said:
What kind of headphones do you have "003"? hmmm? HAve you ever heard the medusa's or the zalmans? Used them? No i bet you haven't. Cause they suck right?
Actually I have used the zalman 5.1 headphones before, a friend has them and he convinced me into trying them out. I had a headache after about 10 minutes of gaming with them. They were very muddied, and sounded like crap. I myself have a pair Grado SR-225s. Once you have heard a nice set of headphones like these, you can't immagine ever going back to anything else. I happened to get them for $90 on eBay. An insane deal. greago, how do I make the people on head-fi sound immature? They are (most of them) audiophiles. They are also very nice there, that's where I got recommended the Grado SR-225. At first I was like most of the people here and I was like "Why in the **** would anybody blow that much money on a pair of HEADPHONES???!!" I'm very happy I did.

003 said:
I myself have a pair Grado SR-225s. I happened to get them for $90 on eBay.

Those are stereo headphones which is a waste of time when playing games and they aren't expensive so that can't be good. :p

BColes said:
Those are stereo headphones which is a waste of time when playing games
Again you demonstrate your lack of knowledge about headphones. And I don't know why you think I said that any headphones under $300 suck, no that is not true, but I only know of 3 pairs of 5.1 headphones, the medusa 5.1, the zalman 5.1, and the $900 panasonic 5.1 headphones. That's why I made the comment about $300. I did not mean at all that any headphones under $300 suck, but all the 5.1 headphones under $300 that I know of suck. Even if I got the ones I have now for the retail price, it would have been $200. That's why they were such a good deal on e bay. ALL of you would change your mind on this subject if you ever gamed on a nice set of sennheiser, grado, beyerdynamic, or audio-technica headphones. Being stereo makes no difference, they all kill the zalman and medusa 5.1 headphones in terms of sound quality and gaming.

I won't pretend to know a lot about headphones but i know what stereo sound is. Two channels of sound coming from seperate speakers. What that does is trick your brain into thinking the sound is coming from the whole space between the speakers. This kind of setup isn't best for 3D gaming when you want to hear things coming from behind you. i've never used very high end stereo headphones so maybe they do the trick for 3D gaming, but i doubt it. I've used the medusa 5.1 headphones (not the USB kind) and i was surprized at how well they differentiated the direction of sounds. Sound quality on the other hand i don't remember i only used them for a few minutes in BF2. 95% of the arguement going on here can be boiled down to personal opion. The ear works in crazy ways, one being that it's scientifically unexplainable how the ear can differenciate where a sound is coming from vertically but somehow they do.

BColes said:
I would like to point out once again that not matter how expensive or good quality STEREO headphones are they are just plain not good for gaming... unless you play 2D games or something. :)

It is a known fact that many pro gamers use high end stereo headphones rather than 5.1 headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom