shes ALIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
Hey all, I just wanted to report that I got my motherboard in today and hooked up all the wires, hdds, cd/dvd/floppy, switches, sensors, fans, etc. and it WORKS! obviously no cpu, mem, vid. card. but still...she's ALIVE! I need to get my @$$ in gear on wire management, though. Any tips on how to make that bundles of wires bend where you want them to?

Boy does she hum:cool:.... honestly, I don't think 98cfm 120mm exhaust fan is that loud. It's hard to tell what makes the noise, but I imagine having 4 other fans plus the hdds doesn't help. But that's okay, I like the noise as it helps me sleep at night.

Anyways...this is me excited.:D

Sounds awesome. What kind of setup are you going for? Gaming I'm guessing. What kinda parts are you gonna get?

Chernabog said:
Sounds awesome. What kind of setup are you going for? Gaming I'm guessing. What kinda parts are you gonna get?

read his sig...

Under Construction...

-AMD Opteron 148
-Foxconn NF4K8AC
-Corsair 1GB (512x2) PC3200
-Chaintech 6600GT 128mb
-Seagate Barracuda 80gb x 2, RAID 0
-Aspire X-Dreamer
-Fortron Source 400w PSU
-Sound Blaster Extigy

i presume thats the parts ;)

Yea, I want a setup that can game fairly well, but also do alot of music editing (might upgrade to 2GB RAM one day). The parts I'm planning on getting are in my sig. I'm waiting for my next paycheck to get the memory and vid. card. I'm going to wait until Christmas to see what kind of money I might get and then buy the processor. I'm hoping to get the Opteron 148....but they're getting rarer and rarer...so who knows what it'll be when if I wait until early Jan.

The only issue I've found so far (as there's bound to be many) is in the power switch on the front of the case. When I turn the PSU on, I have to press the power switch for anything to turn on (normal). But if I press the power switch again, it doesn't turn off. The reset switch doesn't do anything either... I guess I need to switch the plugs around, maybe I have + and - reversed?

awesome...you were right about the power button...has to be held like 4 seconds. and the reset switch i dunno..i'm gonna switch the plug around tomorrow and hopefully that'll do it. thanks for the help guys. in the mean time, i gotta get some sleep. its 1:30 AM here and I gotta be up at 6:45AM for work :(

Any tips on how to make that bundles of wires bend where you want them to?

CABLETIESMC.small.jpg

Mutant Mods Multi-Color Nylon Buckle Cable Ties

http://www.mutantmods.com/itemdetail.cfm?ProductID=CABLETIESMC

And don't forget...

SPIRALWRAPRD.small.jpg

Mutant Mods Red Spiral Cable Sleeving

http://www.mutantmods.com/itemdetail.cfm?ProductID=SPIRALWRAPRD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom