5.1 Surround Sound Headphones..

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC2k5 said:
You're saying, "any headphones under $300's always suck"?
No, I'm saying that the medusa 5.1 and zalman 5.1 headphones suck. The panasonic headphones are the only other 5.1 headphones I know of, that's why I mentioned them. I assume none of you even went to head-fi and tried to argue how good the 5.1 headphones are LOL. I'd love to see the responses.

003 said:
No, I'm saying that the medusa 5.1 and zalman 5.1 headphones suck. The panasonic headphones are the only other 5.1 headphones I know of, that's why I mentioned them. I assume none of you even went to head-fi and tried to argue how good the 5.1 headphones are LOL. I'd love to see the responses.

Thats probably because it would be like someone comming here and telling everyone AMD sucks and Intel owns... It just won't cut it with the population.

And I don't give two shits about that forum, nor does anyone want to waste time arguing with them, so why would they go?

look we arn't hearing gods therefor the 5.1channel head phones that "suck" arn't that bad.

i for one can't afford to spend $900 on headphones but i can't play games with sterio so i am considering getting a 5.1 cheap set of headphones. they won;t be as good NO SHIT and noone here has claim that we are just saying they are good enough for us atm

Alex81388 said:
Thats probably because it would be like someone comming here and telling everyone AMD sucks and Intel owns... It just won't cut it with the population.

And I don't give two shits about that forum, nor does anyone want to waste time arguing with them, so why would they go?
It's almost laughable how ignorant some people are. The people on those forums have basicly dedicated their lives to headphones, and spend thousands of dollars on them. Don't sit here and tell me you know more about headphones then them.

Sh0r_ty said:
but i can't play games with sterio
A nice set of stereo headphones will be MUCH better than those medusa 5.1 or zalman headphones. It would be even better if you have an audigy or x-fi based sound card because then you can use CMSS 3D .

"003"

No one said, "We know more then those at head-fi or whatever it's called about headphones." You're talking about a product that is super expensive and is more or less for a total audio enthusiast. Probably more or less a professional in the line of studio recording or DJing. Very few people here care two craps about that stuff. May-be a few, DJ-CHRIS i'm sure does. Which is fine. For him in the audio industry.

Zalman Theater 6 & Medusa 5.1 Headphones don't suck for a gamer or someone who is just looking for Surround headphones to watch movies and such. I'm not sitting in front of a set of turn tables and mixing beats, nor and I training to be on American Idol. I'm not recording a platinum record either. I DON'T need $1000 head phones which according to you people dedicate their lives to. But, that still doesn't make any headphones under $300 suck.

What kind of headphones do you have "003"? hmmm? HAve you ever heard the medusa's or the zalmans? Used them? No i bet you haven't. Cause they suck right?

My brother is a quitar player and in a very popular local band. He has expensive headphones. He needs them, I don't. As a matter of fact, when he comes over my house and plays BF2 or any other game for that matter, he uses my Zalman's and he has had nothing but great things to say about them. He's amazed at how well they produce a surround sound field. And I have the x-fi fatal!ty FPS sound card... I don't even use the CMSS-3D setting, because i have 5.1 headphones and I leave my settings on 5.1 Speakers even when I use the headphones...

And i'm sorry but you are the one whom seems ignorant about this whole issue. You're trying to compare "apples to oranges".
If it's not an apple it sucks. That's ignorant. No one is agruing the fact that $300 headphones are of high quality and will be overall better then the Zalman's or Medusa's. Which is why no one is going to go to Head-Fi or whatever it's called and argue that.

So just pick another topic to argue, because you'll never win this one. And stop confusing your opinion with fact.

Wow the hostility!

First I must say that I agree with Havoc with regards to the whole "value" issue. 003... you sound like you MIGHT know more than the average person about headphones, but you are really presenting your knowledge in an arrogant way. When discussing audio with others, the thing to remember above all else is that it is all SUBJECTIVE. If people are 100% happy with a $20 pair of headphones from K-Mart, then they are lucky bastards.

Unfortunately, I can honestly say that I have owned a pair of Medusa 5.1 headphones. The company must have paid off all of those reviewers... Those things blew in just about every way possible. In this case, I do not even feel that they had ANY "value," no matter what the price. In most cases, I would have rather used a 5 dollar pair of ear buds. I tried to pretend that they were decent, since I just dropped $125 on em, but, they werent. The only entertaining qualities were an ENORMOUS sound stage and decent sound quality.

I was lucky enough to sell them to someone who hopefully has different tastes than me. I put that money towards a $200 pair of Beyerdynamic DT-770's. ($200 was definitely my upper limit to spend on headphones.) They have a reputation as being excellent gaming headphones, as well as having the best low end response and impact of any headphone out there, regardless of the price. Play a 25hz test tone through your headphones and see if you hear anything. It comes through loud, clean, and clear on my headphones :). They are excellent headphones in just about every other aspect, too. They are technically "professional studio headphones." Most importantly, they are a PERFECT match to my audio taste.

(I feel I should include this since 003 makes the guys at Head-fi.org sound like immature jerks: )
Head-fi.org is a great place to go to get headphone advice if you are looking for a set of headphones. Tell them what you want, and someone will help you (having a budget of at least $50 will help). Sounds kinda like TF, eh? It's where I found out about my DT-770, and I couldn't be happier.

I would like to point out once again that not matter how expensive or good quality STEREO headphones are they are just plain not good for gaming... unless you play 2D games or something. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom