Is this any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why dont you buy a DVD burner? They are only alittle more expensive. Shipping for me was around $35 for everything and that was 3 day. Newegg is really awesome.

molsen said:
you could build those same specs for less i think. in fact, you maybe could get the memory and vid. card to for around that price. check it out on newegg.com and see what you come up with. i'm too lazy to look it up for you. wait a couple hours and someone will probably post links for you.
Is your foxconn mobo good?

Dont blow $100 on the x700 pro if you arent going to use it and just get the 7800GTX. Get a cheap $40 card like the 5200 then buy the 7800GTX or 7800GT when you have the money, you could save up the $60, and reserver it towards your 7800

Thanks for all your help guys:D :D

Well......I thought about it for a long time and I decided that I will wait to buid a computer because......I want to learn allot more about computer parts and how they work, I don't want to skimp on any parts and rebuy better parts later because I can't aford them now. That should awnser your questions The Kraut.

So I bought the X850pro and a Antec 430watt true power 2.0 to put in my emachine.

Do I just take out the old PSU and put in the new one, or do I have to adjust some settings in the BIOS?

I want to THANK you all for your help :D :D

eMachine? That's what I've got, but mine is an older socket A.

If it is an eMachine, then you definately have a 754, and the GeekSquad dude is an idiot (just stating the fact). Believe me, if you could OC on an eMachine, I'd be frying my CPU as we type.

hrmm, i bought my computer from best buy, and the ram says one gig, but its like 9 something, **** liars... haha, the graphics card ain't so great either.... i got practically the same thing.. only with a 3500+ and 250 gb hard drive, and its a compaq presario... but it runs fairly well with what i do... BUT NOT WELL ENOUGH.... and sometimes ya, my processor does run at 1.9 ghz, but most the time it's been telling me 2.2ghz

ya.. you can't really do anything in bio's with this **** mobo....

Trotter, I wanted to buy a HP AMD 3700+ that the geek squad guy said I could overclock the FSB.....

I bought the X850pro and a new PSU for my emachine because I want to wait to build a pc because I'm a noob:p

I installed the stuff and I am very happy with it:D :D

Don't worry Nvida guys, My next computer will have a 7800GTX 512MB:cool:

Trotter, I wanted to buy a HP AMD 3700+ that the geek squad guy said I could overclock the FSB.....

Not doubting what he said, but he was dead wrong.

HP, Dell, Gateway, eMachine, whatever... if it is mass produced, the BIOS is locked, meaning you can't change FSB, multiplier, zip.

No shame in being a n00b. We all were at one time. The shame comes from people like that Geek Squad member flapping his jaws when he had no idea... or worse, just flat-out lied to you to try to make a sell.

Enjoy your eMachine. i know I have mine, no matter how bad people rag on 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom