PSU Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroboy596

Beta member
Hello
I am building my daughter a computer and have noticed that my ATX connecter on my PSU is a 24 pin female --and the connecter on the motherboard is a 20 pin male , on closer inspection of the 24 pin female connecter i find that 4 pins on one end of it can disconnect from the 24 pins so making it a 20 pin connecter ( the part that comes off looks like the atx2 connecter but there is already one on there ) my question is can i leave that 4 pin connector off and just connect the 20 pin female to the 20 pin male without blowing or shorting anything ?
Thank you in advance for any help

boroboy596 said:
Hello
I am building my daughter a computer and have noticed that my ATX connecter on my PSU is a 24 pin female --and the connecter on the motherboard is a 20 pin male , on closer inspection of the 24 pin female connecter i find that 4 pins on one end of it can disconnect from the 24 pins so making it a 20 pin connecter ( the part that comes off looks like the atx2 connecter but there is already one on there ) my question is can i leave that 4 pin connector off and just connect the 20 pin female to the 20 pin male without blowing or shorting anything ?
Thank you in advance for any help
Yep, your situation is exactly why it was designed as it is, pretty cool huh?

boroboy596 said:
Thank you very much rkf76 your reply is greatly appreciated .
I didn't realize at the time, but somebody had already answered:eek:

Glad I could be of help, late as it may have been:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom