Problem installing SECOND memory module

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnLe

Beta member
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8NS.
I'm having problem installing my second memory module (512MB). Whenever I put it on the second slot, the computer doesn't boot, and no monitor signal. It just works with 1 memory module. Can anybody explain and help me please?

I would think its bad ram..Have you just tryed the new stick alone take out the old one and try it.

to further exspand on what has been said. Is the memory the same speed and voltage? those are things to look at. and as already stated try that stick by itself also to see if it comes up on that one alone.

Yes, the memory come from a same box, they are the original pair I bought first place. The one I'm using right now is the second pair, which is a new replacement from newegg. But the problem is still there; the computer just works with 1 stick memory. (2x512MB Rosewill).
How do I know if the memory is compatible with the motherboard?Can you show me where to get the information?
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8NS
Thank you

Yes, my Rosewill memory is DDR400. I have replaced both 2 memory sticks, but I still have the same problem.

So it does work with either stick of ram.Is that what your saying?Just not two stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom