5.1 Surround Sound Headphones..

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I just learned something new.....upon going to that head-fi website theres actually a 'burn in' period for headphones too eh.....CRAZY YO, CRAZY

Nubius said:
well I just learned something new.....upon going to that head-fi website theres actually a 'burn in' period for headphones too eh.....CRAZY YO, CRAZY
Yeah, I know the same is true with regular home audio speaks, so it makes sense that it applies to headphones as well.

003 said:
But I'm saying that all 5.1 headphones (well, all the sub $300 ones anyway) suck. Which is a fact. Both the medusa (lol) 5.1 and the zalman 5.1 headphones are both very cheaply made, they have the cheapest possible drivers, the cheapest possible cable, and the cheapest possible casing. Have you ever once wondered why they are so much cheaper than most stereo headphones made by grado or sennheiser? There is a set of 5.1 headphones made by panasonic that is actually pretty good (but still not as good as you'd expect for their high price), for $900.

"003"

So to not "suck" a product needs to be extremely expensive and not be as good as you'd expect? Because that's pretty "sucky" to me.

Just because a product is in a lower "price range" then others on the market, doesn't mean it sucks. You should do some research on the word, "VALUE". Then apply it to a product. This is the key factor of what makes a product successful or not. Ultimately, a consumer will decide if it's a good product or a bad product. lol - Bad Product meaning, "SUCKY".

You're saying, "any headphones under $300's always suck"? What the heck is your definition of "SUCK"? Something that costs less then something else? That's not a FACT. That's an opinion. You're Opinion.

I don't have to wonder why "grado & sennheiser" headphones are more expensive the Zalman Theater 6's. "grado & sennheiser" in a completely different class. A class that my "heaphone" usage wouldn't find any value from. That doesn't make the Zalmans suck. Sure they are less expensive and aren't made of the highest end materials, but that doesn't mean they suck.

The FX-57 is $1011 - The Athlon 64 4000+ is $334

I guess the Athlon 4000+ pretty much sucks right? It's a lot less expensive... Which means it must be made much cheaper?

Some GSKILL Extreme (2X1gig) PC3200 Kits are $250
CORSAIR value (2x1gig) PC3200 Kits are $145

I guess the Corsair VS sucks right?

YOU CAN'T COMPARE TWO PRODUCTS IN TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CLASSES, and say the lowest cost one "SUCKS".

IS this statement true or false?

All Vehicles that cost under $20,000 suck! They are made very cheaply. Cheap tires, cheap engines, cheap seats, cheap transmissions. If you want to humilitate yourself, why don't you go to the www.supersportscar-forum.com and tell them why $20,000 vehicles are good.

Hey havoc, good luck playing BF2 with stereo head phones. I don't care if they cost $10,000 and you can drive them to work/school, they will still suck in BF2. I'm with you on this one. I don't want headphones i'm afraid to get fingerprints on because they cost so much.

LOL. I don't care how good head-fi's shit is, if its more than 200 bucks it isn't worth my looking. There is no reason that for any gaming you need to spend that much on a piece of headware.

I don't know jack f-ing sh*t about audio in the headphone department but guess what, the common consumer knowledge that I have (although it doesnt take much, im still a minor) quickly solves the problem for me in this area.

As far as what I have come across, a couple buddys of mine have some 5.1 headphones, and let me tell you, theres no way these kids payed 200 dollars. But they sound very good, granted I like my 5500's better, but thats why I havnt shelled out that much cash for some earmuffs.

Most of us don't have 003's 512bit hearing ability that has a totally different frequency range than every other person on the planet, and so for us, theres no reason a $120 set wouldn't do us justice.

YEAH!

If you want a good watch you should buy a "ROLEX" because any watch that's under $10,000 SUCKS!

If you want a good wine you should buy a bottle of "Chateau Lafite" because any bottle of wine under $1000 SUCKS!

BColes said:
I also wouldn't be in the market for stereo headphones either. Stereo sound just doesn't cut it.
Again you show you know nothing of headphones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom