DVD Writer Burns disc's but doesn't read 'em

Status
Not open for further replies.
stan-the-man said:
Reading whats on a cd-rw or a dvd burned disk isn't really neccesary,is it ?

Could you expand on that please.
Like if I burn some thing onto a CDR, CDRW, DVDR, DVDRW... I have done it for archiving purposes, and it would be rather silly if I was not able to read it again.
So I do find reading whats on a cd-rw or a dvd burned disk neccesary.

Silesia said:
Like if I burn some thing onto a CDR, CDRW, DVDR, DVDRW... I have done it for archiving purposes, and it would be rather silly if I was not able to read it again.

Thats troubleshooting my way,so you decide.If you can't read a RW as if it was a floppy disk and incd hasn't created another drive letter.and it's not there.
Maybe you used the wrong burn option > do you have Nero Express ?
:eek:

stan-the-man ... I'm way too confused with ur posts .. Half the time they don't even make any sense .. (or atleast i don't get them).. But as i notice this seems to a common opinion around the forum. :)
Silesia just asked u somethin' .. n' ur reply's totally off the mark ..

Silesia Thanx for the input dude .. Just a while before i read ur post .. I decided to give up on the drive anywayz ..
I'm a re-seller myself .. so I have no issues with changing the drive n' pickin' up any other one instead .. I was just tryin' to see how good the product was :) ..
BTW i even tried the same with another unit .. n' this one does somethin' similar to the first one .. except my other drives are able to read the discs.

ekÆsine thanx dude .. But seriously .. i had already tried burnin' it at slower speeds too .. I just a bit too much time on my hands for the past couple of days to have spent so much time on that stupid drive.:D

In any case i conclude that ..the Iomega is very bad product ..
N' for that matter has f**ked support too ..

excuse for not having responded promptly. coz i had the same problem i tried to burn at slower speeds to no avail tried any thing but didnt work. so i decided to desable xp burning software.
cause that soft can conflict with Nero.
to desable that soft :

Go to 'Start', 'Run' then type services.msc. This will display all of the services in XP. Go to IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service. Right click then click properties. There is a drop-down box that shows its state. In this box left click on disabled. Close the services window.

Also in Windows Explorer right click on the icon for your CD-RW drive and click properties then the recording tab. Uncheck 'Enable cd burning on this drive.' You will be able to use all burning software.

when i did that Nero could work properly.
note i thought it was a device issue or something.
good luck !

petogaz : .. dude . the issue wasn't 'bout nero not writing or anything like thay .. 'coz my CDRW works perfectly ..

N' not only that .. today i got a mail from Iomega tech supoort with new firmware .. They accepted that there was something wrong with their drives ..

In any case .. i don't think u need to disable Xp's Cd writing service for XP to work .

Silesia said:
Like if I burn some thing onto a CDR, CDRW, DVDR, DVDRW... I have done it for archiving purposes, and it would be rather silly if I was not able to read it again.oops
But then later when i try reading the data of the disc .. the content is listed ..but when i try opening a file .. it keeps on reading .doesn't open the file .
I even tried using it on my other DVD drive ..

Of cource so you know how much space is left.
:eek:

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 56
preet2u : oK i was wrong for your case but for information i assure that sometimes IMAPI conflicts with Nero in that case you need to desable it. moreover you can read that common pb in many FAQ. i'm not saying you need to desable it until you get that pb. ;)

Stan .... i still donno .. what ur tryin' to say .. ur posts are just not makin' any sense ..

Is there anyone else who understands his posts ... I'm curious ;)

ok

preet2u said:
Stan .... i still donno .. what ur tryin' to say .. ur posts are just not makin' any sense ..

You have a problem I don't.What more can i say ?

Is there anyone else who understands his posts ... I'm curious ;)
You have a problem i don't,I must be doing something better than you are.
so ask for more info.Do you know what incd is or not ?

Re: ok

Stan :
Jeez man .. read the thread before u go on posting .. This thread was over long back .. It's a problem with the Iomega drives ..they sent me a patch for it ..

stan-the-man said:
You have a problem i don't,I must be doing something better than you are.

This thread was over long back .. N' dude .. that's a terrible attitude ..
All of us hang around at TF ..for a common reason .. not just becoz we have a problem .. but b'coz we like doing what we do .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom