G71 and UT2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I remember the poll, lol. I basically agree with what you said. The basic point is that PCs are fine for everything...except gaming. No one WANTS to run a factory or make spreadsheets or do CAD or Photoshop or make a website on a console. Its a GAMING machine. Thats its one and only purpose (though the makers are now targeting a much wider market).

As for the upgradability argument...you seriously consider that an advantage? HAH! Yea sure, having to spend THOUSANDS of dollars over the course of a PC (on top of the $2000 you paid for your gaming machine) just to keep up with technology is a real advantage isn't it? Maybe if the console played today's games at Med settings and nothing more...maybe then it would be an advantage. But when you have a $400 machine that you DON'T NEED to upgrade and which will STILL run any game at max for a MINIMUM of the next 2 years (3 years if you combine both the 360 and the PS3), at that point, upgrading sort of becomes a hassle instead of an advantage.

apokalipse said:
A console is non-upgradable, and uses a TV, but is less expensive.

About the TV thing...no. You can take the same cable that you would use to connect the 360 to your HDTV and you can use it to connect to your regular PC LCD monitor (for sure on the LCD, dunno 'bout CRT. Do they use the same type of cable?). Bada boom, 1280x1024 resolution for $30 more for the cable. Got any other arguments left?

About the TV thing...no. You can take the same cable that you would use to connect the 360 to your HDTV and you can use it to connect to your regular PC LCD monitor. Bada boom, 1280x1024 resolution for $30 more for the cable. Got any other arguments left?
I would have to say owned to that one.

Man...Gaara's becoming too trigger-happy with the X360 threads. He closes everyone he sees which pretty much puts an end to even the hope of an intelligent argument. That last one was actually going pretty nicely, no flames and stuff, and questions were being answered clearly. I'd hardly call that "getting out of hand."

For questions not answered in the other thread;

1.) Only the PS3 has planned support for Mouse and keyboard, the X360 just has the controller. Is the PS3 going to be more popular than the X360 then? Probably. But I'm not willing to wait until November '06 to play UE3 games at max, even if it means using a controller.

2.) Its not only the X360 and PS3 games that're going to cost $60-$80. Its the same for PCs. Better games, and more developers needed to make the game lead to increases in game prices. How much do you think UT2K7 is going to go for? No less than $60 I'll bet you.

3.) You're complaining about $10/month for online play? Chances are your cable internet costs $40/month of so just by itself. You cellphone service costs $40/month if you're by yourself or $10/month if you're added to your parents plan. If you have a car, chances are gas costs you $150-$200 a month. I don't see what problem you could have with paying $10/month for an online service on your Xbox360, especially since you just saved hundreds (if not thousands) or dollars over buying a PC.

Should we make an official Xbox 360 thread? Whoever flames gets their posts deleted or something? Kind of weird how threads get hijacked like this.

They may. They may not. RTS generally don't work on consoles because of the controller. With Keyboard/Mouse supprot, that may change.

Why are you against consoles? You said you'd be happy if RTS remained strong on the PC. You WANT to pay much more money for the same stuff?

Flanker said:

3.) You're complaining about $10/month for online play? Chances are your cable internet costs $40/month of so just by itself.

Cheaper than that man. From the Microsoft website:

"Twelve-month (plus bonus!) Xbox Live Gold Subscription Card
Estimated Retail Price: $49.99 USD or $59.99 CAN"

That's $5 Canadian / month :D..

For you Americans out there (most of you :mad: ), it'll be about $4 US / month.....

Just skip a lunch for one day out of the month.. :D

I guess to be fair, you "can" add this to the cost of the XBox 360 system price to get a fair comparison with a PC - since PC online gameplay is "usually" free. Interestingly enough, Massive Multiplayer on XBox 360 seems to be "free" (silver memberships), where as on the PC it costs money. So, I'll leave it up to the individual person to see if they want to add it or not. In a worst case comparision, it'll cost $150 US extra over 3 years. Still beats a gaming PC............

A PS3 on the other hand doesn't seem to have a subscription fee. THe "online" fee is upto the game publishers - so it's identical to the PC online setup. THe price of the PS3 is what you pay over the counter. Period.

Man...Gaara's becoming too trigger-happy with the X360 threads. He closes everyone he sees which pretty much puts an end to even the hope of an intelligent argument. That last one was actually going pretty nicely, no flames and stuff, and questions were being answered clearly. I'd hardly call that "getting out of hand."
I'm not trigger-happy with them...I've banned all xbox360 topics from the hardware forums

We had three xbox360 topics in the span of 48 hours and they all filled up with about 20 pages of people attacking one another and getting worked up over nothing...I gave plenty of leniency and you guys took complete advantage of that...and rather than having to ban otherwise good members, I resorted to banning the topics in question instead

They are still banned and I still see them leak through this way and that...taking this as a prime example of a topic being hijacked and beating over the same arguments over and over again...there hasn't been any issues as of yet so I kept this open and asked it be pushed back on topic, however you guys can't seem to follow instructions

Discuss your xbox360 in the xbox forum to your hearts content but I don't want it here and don't need it here

Gaara since when do you have mod powers?

When is 2007 expected to be released and when can we startto see official requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom