dvd drive issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

awais

Beta member
Hi everyone

I have a plextor PX-712A drive. It does not read some dvd roms which other drives are able to read. When i insert that DVD rom in the drive the drives LED blinks with an orange colour (Orange colour usually indicates that there is some problem with the Disc). The discs are fine as they have not much scratches on them. Some people told me to clean the lens using a lens cleaner CD. I used it but it didnt work.

My system info is:

1Ghz intel celeron
Windows Xp professional
256mb ram
40 GB harddisk
Dvd burner PX-712A.

Let me add one thing to the above initiated discussion that when i insert the disc for the first time the drive does not read the disc by blinking the LED but then after i insert it three four times again at last the drive starts reading the disc. But this is true only for some discs but others are not read by it even on repeated insertions.

What should i do. Your suggessions are highly appreciated.

Hi Awais, I have the same problem, my computer DVD Rom unit will happily play European DVD`s but will not play an American DVD. I run Windows Me with Duron 950, 256 Ram, 40Gb HD and CD/RW plus a DVD reader? Model GH1-G40 from Ultima Electronics Taiwan.
I anyone knows the answer please advise. Thanks.

doesnt pick disc

It does not even let me open the folder of the drive as the disc is not loaded and i thus can not use any software like power dvd because the drive's folder shows that there is no disc in the drive. It reads all the cds but when it comes to DVDs it reads only some. It reads some others when inserted for the fifth or sixth time

Some times drives just go bad or come from the box bad. I had bought an I/O Magic dvdrw last year, out of the box it would not read any dvd discs, but had no problem with cd discs. I exchanged it and the new one worked. But after a year the drive doesnt always want to read a dvd. If i read on disc, I have to restart the pc for it to read the next. Plextor is a good brand, so you shouldnt have trouble with them. But a new drive isnt expensive, so it might be time to look at a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom