Disable bootmenu when comp was resetted accidentally? Please kindly help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpxtreme

Beta member
Greetings! i would like to ask you this question of mine if it would be possible to do or not.

To make you understand what i mean i will tell you to clear things up... i am using Windows 98 SE operating system. Sometimes, i accidentally resetted or sometimes blackouts will come unexpectedly so it was not shutdown properly. I noticed that whenever i resetted my computer at booting time(where windows 98 logo is loading) it would not display the windows 98 logo but instead it will be directed to a bootmenu wherein a list of menu(1.normal mode, 2.safemode, 3...etc.). There is 20 seconds countdown for me to select which option to boot with, i didn't select anything, the time is up then it was booted to safemode, the default actually is safemode. I wanted it to boot at normal mode without me choosing some options...

Now my question is, Is there any possible way to make normal mode to be the default one to be booted automatically without selecting any options in the bootmenu when the computer was resetted accidentally at boot up?

...or is it possible to disable this bootmenu whenever i accidentally resetted my computer while the windows 98 logo is booting, meaning it would just boot directly to normal mode as usual after the reset is done?

Please hear me out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much in advance, I am hoping for your responses. Thanks again and good day ! :)

well i haven't used 98SE FOR THE LONGEST TIME
im not sure if this would work

Open My Computer, and from the View menu, choose Folder Options... .
Click the View Tab.
Under "Hidden Files" choose Show all files, then click OK.
From the Start menu, select Find, and then click Files or Folders.
In the "Find All Files named:" box, type msdos.sys . In the "Look In:" box, click the drive on which Windows is installed (usually drive C:), and then click Find Now.
Right-click the Msdos.sys file, and then click Properties.
Click to clear the Read-only checkbox, and then click OK.
Right-click Msdos.sys, and then click Open With.
In the Open With dialog box, click Notepad, and then click OK

In the option section

add these lines:

BootKeys=0
BootMenuDelay=0
BootMenuDefault=1
BootGUI=1

thank you sir, for your reply. I will try this one for sure. Again thank you for your time and effort on helping me... merry christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom