Is this a good card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josherthegolfer

Beta member
i need to upgrade my video card b/c i only have the 64 Mb Intel one that came with my computer.
I only have PCI ports and one PCI express x16 port so i can't get an agp card.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the BFG GeForce 256MB PCI Video Card (FX5500OC) is a good card for $200 because i'm not able to spend any more than 200. or if someone could recommend another card that isn't too expensive that'd be great. (and is the Fx5500OC compatible with most games?)

thanx

6800GS is nice, (five dollars over $200 not including shipping and taxes, though), so... maybe you should go try robbing some kid of his lunch money with a hot heatsink or something?

Whoever is charging you 200$ for an fx5500 is trying to rip you off. You can buy a 6800GS for about that price, and it preforms MUCH better. When I say much, I mean go from low to high settings with some aa on.

PcMe said:
Whoever is charging you 200$ for an fx5500 is trying to rip you off.
Yeah... Even BEST BUY sells that card for less than $100 USD(which is still a bad price)

make sure u buy from newegg in the future as even brand name sites like bestbuy rip u off on things like videocards and processors..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom