x850xt + zalman vf700cu = alright temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IGeMex

Baseband Member
K so i have a Sapphire x850xt. Also i have a quiet pc, tell a lie, i dont because of the x850's cooler.
I've used a Zalman VF700cu before on a 9800pro and it was quiet. If i get a vf700 it wil be the fatal1ty one. Just i've been told that it wont be suffiecient for an x850xt, even with the ram sinks?
Should i or should i not get one cos then i'd actually have a quietish pc and a cool red glow. Thanks.

rofl people over at xs have used it on a X1800XT and got better temps than stock. It should easily be able to do as much as stock if u don't mind it running high rpm

yea the zalman is a pretty sweet heatsink it works pretty good i had one on my old 6600gt i sold, but now that i dont have to much money i used a giant socket 462/A processor heatsink drilled holes aplied artic silver 5 mounted it to my x850xt and now my video card runs at 48c underload 27c idle. the zalman on my x850xt made it run 54c underload 32c idle. as you can see i paid nothing for my home made setup and it worked much better. so i let the zalman go with my 6600gt i sold

and also my video card looks pretty sick! the heatsink its self is chrome and takes all my pci slots and its got a 80mm red fan on it with a chrome grill. oh no wait i did pay like 6$dollars for the thermal gel

so the results are i do not suggest the zalman lol jk its ok

get the ATI silencer it blows the hot air out of your case, in stead of blowing it around the heatsink with the zalman

Well i got my case fans setup to circulate the air. In the side onto the cpu and out the back. So the air will get circulated. I like the idea of how the zalman is open, as opposed to an enclosed heatsink surrounded by plastic, reducing circulation. And the zalman cools the ram on the card around it to where the air is free so :).
Instead of buying a new VF700(fatal1ty one) i've decided to save the precious money, what with christmas looming, and reuse the vf700cu off of my 9800pro (no longer in use) and just buy new RAm sinks. Cos i can't get em off without loosing the stick etc.

yea i guess that would work but make sure you sue arctic silver 5! trust me theres nothing like that stuff its like a magic liquid!

OH YEA RAM SINKS ARE PROVEN TO NOT COOL ANY BETTER, THAN WITHOUT THEM THEY TRAP HEAT ONYOUR MEMORY MODULES, YOUR MEMORY CHIPS DO NOT GET HOTT ENOUGH TO TRANSFER THROUGH THE FOAM PAD AND THEN INTO THE RAM SINK, SPEND THE MONEY ON THERMAL GEL RAM SINKS SUCK, ALTHOUGH THEY DO LOOK SHINY AND BLUE... ROFL!

This doesn't mean that the rams going to melt and kill my card does it :grind:?
Surely the combination of the zalman and the ramsinks will cool the ram tho, the air from the fan going onto the sinks, and somehow....kinda....mixing up stuff....and making stuff like cooler......:umm:.

i have so much cfm moving in my case i see the wires bumbing around lol, ive got my cpu fan which is 115 cfm 6100rpm so theres air spitting every where. and ive got a 7inch 125cfm steel muffin fan blowing in from the rear pci slots, and ive got 3 other case fans. and 2 psu fans which suck the air through my psu and out the case. and theres a fan on my video card. my computer sounds like a vaccum cleaner from the 80's. lol lol although it does stay super cool. so i get some high limits with overclocking. if i had more fans i would put them in there, noise doesnt bother me. becasue performance is all that matters !

Do you have to sleep in the same room as your pc though?
I want it quiet so it can be left on without a-hummin in my ears.:beard:.

Hehe finally got around to fitting it, after attending a 24 lan event and my graphics measuring a nice 70°C :eek:. Nice now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom