7800gt Bfg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehBestEver

In Runtime
I got the 7800 GT BFG and am wondering what the best setting for overclocking are. From there I'll experiment. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Go as far as you can get it, if you start to see slashes or dots, you have to downclock it, because you went to far :)

use riva tuner :D it rox got my 6600GT up to 579/1303 from 500/1000 and got me a 4075 in 3dmark05 all settings default and card overclocked :D

PZEROFGH said:
Go as far as you can get it, if you start to see slashes or dots, you have to downclock it, because you went to far :)

I'm a bit scared about overclocking my card, but am willing to take the chance. How much would overclocking hurt the card temp wise?

The amount of heat determines on the cooler and how high you push it. The higher it is the hotter it will run.

You can to some extent. The 7800's (or atleast my GTX) came with a pretty pissed off cooler. It's always risky to OC with stock cooling. I put on the NV Silencer by Arctic Cooling, mainly for noise reduction, but also for better cooling. I actually bought it before I got the card and when I opened the box the first thing I thought was "sh!t that is one hell of a stock cooler! I could actually leave this thing on if I had to." Like I said, I don't know what the GT comes with, but the stock cooler on the GTX probably would have been fine, especially since the 7800 GPU runs much cooler than the 6800 anyways.

Google this and find somewhere that has a table of temperatures with stock coolers vs. aftermarket coolers, those are always helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom