Inspiron HD Prob IM GETTING ANGRY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanServer

Baseband Member
Hi, I recently acquired a Dell Inspiron 8600. I reinstalled Windows XP Pro on it right when i got it. The machine ran wonderfully until about 2 hours ago when i got a short blue screen o death (came and went too fast and couldnt read it)when the laptop rebooted i got a "Disk read error has occured" I ran the dell Diagnostics think and got ths
DST Short Status Test
1000-0142
status byte 89
From what i have seen this is caused by bad sectors. Is there any wat that i can create 2 partitions not including the bad sectors??? And is there any ZeroFill utility for fujutsu HD's

And another thing, there are 2 lines going vertically on the laptop lcd one is blue and the other a purply pink color. Any info on that?

Thanks Guys,
Sean Wichers

I'm hoping u didn't acquire it for too much money.It dont sound good.

Sounds like it's at the end of it's rope. I don't know how you can partition the hd around the bad sectors. I have an inspiron that just started acting up. The hard drive will get in this loop where it makes the same little hard drive noises over and over and over and just locks up my computer. I'm gonna probly have to buy a new hd cause I'm assuming it's gone bad. Can't scan for viruses cause it just gets stuck. You could try turning off restart on system failure and maybe your blue screen will stay on. As far as the the vertical lines, it sounds like they're just in the process of going dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom