please help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
im deciding on a new pc.. my budgets sorta tight. i have 2 that im comparing right now. they both have 1 GB of DDR RAM, 250 GB Hard Drives, DVD/CD Burner. the main difference is the processor.
one has a Intel Pentium 4 540 3.2 Ghz.... the other is
a AMD ATHLON 64 3400+ 2.4 Ghz. which will be faster if they are both running on 1 gb of ram. i want to use the computer mainly for gaming. another thing i want to know is if i get one of these and put a really good video card in it, will i be able to play the latest games without any trouble?

so does the clock speed really have nothing to do with it? cause the intel is almost 1ghz faster. also what does the 3400+ mean in front of the speed of the amd? i saw a whole bunch of different ones like 3400+ 3200+ 3800+, etc

the 3400+ basically means itll preform about the same as Intel P4 @ 3.4 Ghz, but AMD rocks intel in gamming, so Nough said.

And instead of buying a computer, why not build it.

"And instead of buying a computer, why not build it."

well i know quite a bit about computers but im not sure if i know enought to build one on my own. also the problem is my budget.. i really cant spend more than $600.

also just one more thing.. if i get the amd athlon 64 3400+ 2.4 Ghz, lets say i wanna play a game like half life 2, will i be able to run such a graphically intense game smoothly? also remember im gonna buy a really good video card

biggjoee5790 said:
"And instead of buying a computer, why not build it."

well i know quite a bit about computers but im not sure if i know enought to build one on my own. also the problem is my budget.. i really cant spend more than $600.

also just one more thing.. if i get the amd athlon 64 3400+ 2.4 Ghz, lets say i wanna play a game like half life 2, will i be able to run such a graphically intense game smoothly? also remember im gonna buy a really good video card

Well some people here can pick enough parts out for you to come to below $600. With the Athlon 64 3400+ you will be able to play graphically intense games fairly smooth. It may be a bottleneck, but not for sure.

well since this AMD based pc im lookin at only costs $450.. i think im gonna buy it and then read up on building pc's. then in about 1 year ill build my own. i just want this AMD pc to be able to play games with intense graphics without trouble... i know it wont be able to play the newest games forever.. but if it holds out for a year.. ill be ready to build my own, mentally and financially :)

Before you buy, is it prebuilt? And if so who made it? What kind of video card will it have??

PEACE

its made by emachines.. im not familiar with them but lately ive seen alot of new stuff by them.. the video card is integrated.. im gonna buy a video card to put in it.. im not sure which one yet but im gonna get the best i can in a decent price range

biggjoee5790 said:
well since this AMD based pc im lookin at only costs $450.. i think im gonna buy it and then read up on building pc's. then in about 1 year ill build my own. i just want this AMD pc to be able to play games with intense graphics without trouble... i know it wont be able to play the newest games forever.. but if it holds out for a year.. ill be ready to build my own, mentally and financially :)

a 450$ PC will probably not be able to play new games on the highest settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom