Chipset Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDGreen92086

In Runtime
Not sure where this goes, anyway I doubt it matters much.

Sometimes my pc beeps, it has always done that, I check the temperatures and everything looks good. But today I heard the beep while playing WoW, so I checked my temps and my chipset was at 51, and it was in red numbers. Just wondering the temp range of a chipset and what is considered safe. It's nf4 chipset, dfi lan party ultra d motherboard. I'm thinking of buying 1 more fan so I can put one directly on it.

It was never this hot until the winter. I know it sounds strange, but this time of year, instead of air conditioners, we use heat, duh... So thats why its so hot. It gets the hottest in my room.

The chipset fan is sucking heat from the video card too. What would happen if I reversed the fan.... if possible...

Like take the blades off and flip 'em...

Edit: Should I play games while it is at 51C?

My chipset goes up to like 54C and its fine. You shouldnt need to worry about it. I have the same motherboard as you. Have you overclocked it? What was it like when you first got it?

I wouldnt worry if i were you. I dont.:D i read that that chipset can take up to 120C :amazed: and works best under 60C. So 50C is fine.:D

It's just warning you. Possible the BIOS supports something that lets you set a certain temp where it causes the motherboard to make the speaker beep..... Then another temp for it to just cut power immediatly...

Tto reverse the fan all you have to do is turn it around, you dont need to take the blades out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom