UT2007 Requirements Aproved!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow... someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
Yea sorry, but i hope everybody got my point out of that. If you want better graphics and realism then be prepared to upgrade. Dont whine about someting when your getting the obsolute best for your time. I love a game that has high system standards. Also, They are releasing a 7800GS AGP for this game as well. So im guessing i will be able to run it max w/ it. Im getting a X2 3800+ for christmas!! :D

And lets shut up about it running on a 9700 Pro or FX series card, thats nonsense. The requirements will clearly be 6 series minimum for Nvidia (6600 GT i imagine),
Oh so like.....you work for those game developers or something? Congrats on your new job...I mean I'm only assuming you do since you say these things like you know 100%.

apokalypse, where do you get the idea that it will run on cards as low end as a 9700 Pro? I have never seen anything of the sort.
Try reading the page that was linked here beedub...instead of just spouting out what you 'THINK' will be the required parts for this game...keyword is 'THINK', it's all your opinion and speculation, but you always go crazy with this game and post crap like god himself inscribed it in stone like the commandments.

Heres the part:
The most visible technological improvements in UT2007 come from the move to Unreal Engine 3. Environments are now alive with rich shaders, and per-pixel lit. As such, a DirectX 9 compatible card is a must. Expect the minimum spec graphics card to be an NVIDIA GeForce FX or ATI Radeon 9700 level card. If you're looking for decent performance however, you'll need to aim a little higher. At E3 2005, Epic's Tim Sweeney suggested an NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra level card for decent frame rates at 1024x768 resolution

And for 'decent performance' it'll be a 6800Ultra....so I wouldn't be surprised if you could get it pretty **** close to maxed out, and basically looking really nice with a 7xxx series card as long as it's backed with some other decent hardware.

Oh but I guess you got better and more reliable sources than the folks at beyondunreal.com right?

So whatever happened to needing SLI or Crossfire for this game. haha, oh well. About the whole "God" thing, i think he's actually a programmer working on the game right now. :)

lol ahh the x850 isnt shader model 3.0 is it? nope! oh well, im not worried like i said before im upgrading to a 7800gt on a evga sli board. so i will be staight, apokolipse u might want to be concerned with how your 6800gt will run this game

LOL!

Technically, you can start FEAR and play it on a GeForce 3 level card, but it takes a 7800 level card to play it the way its meant to be played. I originally played FEAR on my X800 Pro at only 1024x768 (when I had my CRT) and no AA, and it ran like crap. If FEAR runs that bad on the X800 series of cards, I dont even want to imagine running it on a GeForce 3 level card.

Running UT2007 on a Radeon 9 series or FX series card will be like running FEAR on a GeForce 3....totally impractical.

Same way that Doom 3 will actually run on a TNT2...I've seen screenshots of it in action. It looks horrible and runs horrible.

Bottom line is...UT2007 will run on todays systems, but you aren't going to want to run it on today's systems.

ok first of all i belive this game has some pretty sick graphics, in the screen shots you could see horible stepping, to me thats unplayable. i would need itleast 2xaa at 1280/1024. i would recomend this game on dual 7800gt, fx55 or a amd 3000+ 64 at high clocks to help the frame rate, with 2 gigs of memory. and you will proubly run this game close to maxed.

but dont be tryin to pop off with a gig of memory and a amd 64 3000 and a 6800gt

burned-ati said:
ok first of all i belive this game has some pretty sick graphics, in the screen shots you scould see horible stepping, to me thats unplayable. i would need itleast 2xaa at 1280/1024. i would recomend this game on dual 7800gt fx55 or a amd 3000+ 64 at high clocks to help the frame rate, with 2 gigs of memory. and you will proubly run this game close to maxed.

Exactly, and in order to get at least 1280x1024 with 2x AA using today's cards, you absolutely must have SLI or Crossfire. It wont be that way when the game is released though.

Have you guys just been sitting there with your eyes shut and your fingers jammed in your ears going "lalalalala"...they've specifically just confirmed that a 9700Pro will play the game, and although not great, it's a measuring stick

The 6800Ultra is significantly faster than the 9700Pro, I'd say roughly 60-70%...a bit of overclocking on the card and you'll be playing UT2007 easily on high settings...I can already tell you guys my 6800GT will be just fine playing this game once I throw in a PPU and a dualie...anyone on an AMD64 system with a 6800GT will be fine playing this game so long as they spare the $299 and buy a Physics card

Go ahead and buy two 7800Ultras so you can enjoy this game in slideshow mode in fantasy land...I'll save my money for the real world

it takes a 7800 level card to play it the way its meant to be played.
You make everything so black and white...you're trying to tell me FEAR doesn't play the "way it was meant" on anything below a 7800GT...two months ago it was "everything is better than the x800", now it's "everything is worse than the 7800"

It never said those are the requirements and no current 32 bit OS will handle the RAM nor will the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom