Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maibs

Solid State Member
Been looking for a pre-built gaming PC, i dont want to start building my own PC yet, i found this system that looks pretty good but need people thoughts on it,
will i be able to upgrade in future? play the latest games?
i dont need to play the latest games on max settings but would i be able to lets say play F.E.A.R on mid-high settings etc, also i would like the possibility of upgrading in the future and wanted to know if this system would be any good for doing it, the price is quite high and obviously im paying more than what it would cost to build myself.

Cheers for the help,

Processor : AMD ™ Dual Core X 2 4200 AMD 64
Operating System : XP Home installed
Memory : 2048 DDR
Hard Disk : 160 GB (7200)
Optical Drive : 52 X CD Writer/DVD Combo Drive
Graphics : 1 MSI 7800GT 2DHTV 256MB PCI
Monitor : 17" TFT With Speakers (16 M/s Response Rate)
Network : 10/100 Ethernet Connection
Speakers : 2.0 Speakers On The Monitor
Sound : 8.1 Surround Sound Card
Keyboard : Gaming Keyboard And Mouse 1600 DPI / 7 Button
Ports etc. : USB2.0 Ports x6, Parallel & Standard Ports
Case : 400 Watt Silent Case - Upgrades Available
Warranty : 5 Years Return To Base (3 Day Turnaround)

well the first thing is that u have missed out on a motherboard,

the second is what type of ram is that? cos u want decent ram in a gaming rig,

the third is that monitor crap. if ur getting an LCD u want a) a good response time (min 8ms) and b) a decent brand so u don't have to worry about dead pixels and such.

and filly u want a sata hdd from seagate or western digital with 8mb cach not an unknown one with no real specs

I would recommend the following:

XP Pro
500W Antec SmartPower PSU
19" 8ms Monitor
Mouse: I personally like the MX510, some prefer the G5/G7, even others like Razer's product line.

The system is from this This Site with a few upgrades.

I want basicaly just a gaming PC that i can upgrade, i know that the moniter wont be top notch and such which is why i want it to have upgrade potential, not sure what kind of ram etc or motherboard it uses but you might be able to tell from viewing the site. im gonna start building my own PC's sometime next year, at the moment i have a Athlon 1.7+ Geforce 2 intergrated with 480RAM which i have had to play games on for the last 4 years so im really looking for an upgrade ASAP which is why im buying a pre-built system and not building myself, i will be looking into building my own PC sometime next year when i have more time on my hands.

Didnt know finding a Pre-Built gaming system in the UK was this hard, had the money burning a hole in my pocket for 8 days now lol

EDIT: Link Fixed

Ok here should be the full system specs:

MotherBoard: Asus A8n Sli or MSI K8N Platinum
Processor : AMD ™ Dual Core X 2 4200 AMD 64
Operating System : XP Home installed (Future upgrade to Xp Pro)
Memory : 2048 DDR Elixir DDR 400 or Kingston
Hard Disk : 160 GB (7200)
Optical Drive : 52 X CD Writer/DVD Combo Drive
Graphics : 1 MSI 7800GT 2DHTV 256MB PCI
Monitor : 17" TFT With Speakers (16 M/s Response Rate) (Future upgrade to 8m/s)
Network : 10/100 Ethernet Connection
Speakers : 2.0 Speakers On The Monitor
Sound : 8.1 Surround Sound Card
Keyboard : Gaming Keyboard And Mouse 1600 DPI / 7 Button (Future upgrade to MX510)
Ports etc. : USB2.0 Ports x6, Parallel & Standard Ports
Case : 400 Watt Silent Case (future upgrade to 500W Antec SmartPower PSU)
Warranty : 5 Years Return To Base (3 Day Turnaround)

Looks pretty good.

Take the MSI mobo if you can, and the Kingston ram, it's probably just standard ram, but will do fine in gaming.

And verify what their policy on dead pixels is, just in case.

How much does all that come out to anyways?

Well probably just under a thousand, which is just in my budget.

You reckon its a good price? i know i would of saved money building myself but is it a average price for a system like that?

Thats a good price for that computer, in my opinion. You might just want to get speakers with that card instead of staying at the 2 you're thinking of getting. There are some cheap 5.1 surround sound speakers available and things sound a lot better.

Gonna be using headphones 98% of the time, so is there really much point? or should i just invest in some decent headphones?

Well, I use headphones a lot and use my speakers too, I just unplug my headphones when Im not using it to talk to people or playing games (sometimes). I think it is worth it because what if you want to watch... say an anime you downloaded or something of that sort? Or a movie or something a long those lines. Also the war/action games are great with surround sound, especially on singleplayer because of all the sequenced events. For instance, in CoD sometimes planes might strafe you and the others or something along those lines. Lastly, have you ever seen Band of Brothers? That movie is a great example of the need to have 5.1 surround sound or something of the sort. All the action seems to be around you and it sounds great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom