Beat This Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, i put my computer on there, and it was 100 more and that wasnt including the speakers, mouse, keyboard, os, or monitor. Yea, so newegg all the way.

Did you have the option to get EXACTLY what you wanted in your build? By building your own computer you know what is in your computer and where it goes, how it hooks up, etc. If somehow it is cheaper (which i doubt), you dont gain the experiance and pride in building your own. I would much rather have MY own computer than one that someone else built for me.

Pumpkan your a liar I can build your comp on that site for 500 bucks less than you paid for it on newegg. Show me your specs on newegg were you could get it cheaper.

Did I get exactly what I wanted? Yes this site lets you customize any option, and it's cheaper, I got professional wiring, A WARRANTY, liquid cooling as well.

BTW, this is MY OWN COMPUTER...Do you consider your car (if you even have one) not to be yours because Lexus built it? I didn't think so, let the professionals do their thing ok bud.

Peace,
Stoll

I tried it and i couldnt get what i wanted. Have of what i wanted (in my sig) wasnt even in that configurator. I get a WARRANTY too, everything i bought last night comes with a WARRANTY and it only costed ~$1300. Besides, I get to build it and have fun doing it.

JoeStoll said:
BTW, this is MY OWN COMPUTER...Do you consider your car (if you even have one) not to be yours because Lexus built it? I didn't think so, let the professionals do their thing ok bud.

First off, chill out. It's the internet. Second, that paragraph is completely ridiculous. You're saying that just because something has a name on it doesn't necessarily mean it's that company's product. That it's YOUR product. Well guess what? It's not. If you took a bunch of parts and put them together YOURSELF, then you could call it yours, seeing as how YOU put it together. By the way, manufacturers do it all the time.

I used the site and Newegg and priced out my computer.

I found these things:
Different Monitor (though they cost they same and have same specs)
Had to use off-brand combo drive (optical)

Other than that, everything was the same.

Here's what i did to make it a little more fair:
Added 179 for cost of case (to both sides)
Substituted MX1000 for my MX510, added 28 bucks to my total

Site: 1831
Newegg: 1359.84

So what's that about being unbeatable by NewEgg?

P.S. If you want proof (i.e links) i'll be more than happy to provide them.

There is no way that any pre-built system will cost less then newegg unless there like a $400 system then it would be better to buy pre-built.

Seriously, if it cost less to buy a pre-built machine, why would stores like newegg and tigerdirect be doing so well? Pre-builts are great if you dont want to build your own and have the money to buy them like that.

-ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

-eVGA 256-P2-N516 Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

-HITACHI Deskstar T7K250 0A31636 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

-Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 8 (7.1) Channels PCI Interface Sound Card

-SONY Black IDE DVD Burner Model DW-Q30A BK - OEM

-OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ4001024ELDCPER2-K

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX

-Antec NEOPOWER 480 ATX 480W Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom