Computer won't boot anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sifa_Dias

Solid State Member
Hey everyone,

I've got this problem that's driving me mad and I can't seem to figure it out.

I have an Intel P4 3.0ghz on a Intel D865GLC motherboard.
It's about a year and half old and a couple of weeks ago I started noticing problems with booting and it seemed to be power related.

It won't start up anymore. The green light inside goes on, so it does have power, then when I push the power button, there are 2 ways it responds. 1) Either the green powerlight goes on and stays on and the cpu fan wil rotate once or twice and then stops, it won't do anything else. 2) nothing happens at all, not even the green light goes on. It alternates between these two situations.

It seems like it gets a short boost of power and then stops.
I had the power supply checked and it was fine and I just replaced the fan and the power cable as well, so that's not it. The processor seems fine, no bend pins or burns.

This is really frustrating me and I would really appreciate it if anyone has any input. I could bring it in, but these people charge 70 bucks just to look at the thing.

Sounds like a power or heating issue; you might have damaged something :angry:

An old rig had a similar problem, and it was a faulty power supply. Though you say yours is fine :eek: . So idk

sounds like its the mobo
it might be dying on you
or
the processor, no bend pins or burns doesn't mean its fine.

maybe the case's wires to the mobo Power is loose?

XFlamez said:
sounds like its the mobo
it might be dying on you
or
the processor, no bend pins or burns doesn't mean its fine.

maybe the case's wires to the mobo Power is loose?

You mean the cables for the power button and such on the front?
It would suck if it's the motherboard, it's only 1.5 years old and should be in good condition.

Sifa_Dias said:
You mean the cables for the power button and such on the front?
It would suck if it's the motherboard, it's only 1.5 years old and should be in good condition.

yes the cables from the power button and the other junk :D
check for those if its loose
if its the mobo, that would really suck

normally how do you use your computer?
like do you leave it on all day and night?
play FPS games like krazy?
if you do, how long do you play for?

those could of overheated your cpu

Spend $30 on a power supply and go from there. If still the same problem, double-check all power connections to the motherboard.

If its a year and a half old and never showed problems before, its either a power supply issue or overheating issue. If the new power supply gets you up and running, boot into BIOS and check your temps. :D

XFlamez said:
yes the cables from the power button and the other junk :D
check for those if its loose
if its the mobo, that would really suck

normally how do you use your computer?
like do you leave it on all day and night?
play FPS games like krazy?
if you do, how long do you play for?

those could of overheated your cpu

I use it pretty standard. Pretty much always turn it off at night, some exceptions but nothing major. I play some games, but not excessively, maybe 1-2 hours at a time, i'm sharing the cpu with my wife, so no unlimited gaming for me :)
I will check the front cables.

Spend $30 on a power supply and go from there. If still the same problem, double-check all power connections to the motherboard

The power supply has been checked, it's fine.
I'll check my temperatures as soon as I have a chance to get into the BIOS, right now it's doing nothing.

I've checked those in the past and they were always fine. I can't check them now, as my computer doesn't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom