UT2007 Requirements Aproved!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so much *****ing now, im excited to read the posts when the game actually comes out...

Im sure a 6800 and 7800 will run it, but the games called unreal 2007 not unreal NOW. Its made for the future and taking into account new technologys such as direct x 10 probably and dual core. Although im sure 6800 cards will run it I still think upgrades will be needed sooner or later. Since there billing this engine as the 1 that every dev will use for many years too come.

apokalipse said:
Camden, might I suggest a 7800 GT for your system

It may be in the cards for a future update, but atm i'm still debatin a better notebook, as well as savin up some $$$. Gonna be off ta college soon :rolleyes: . Practical > games for now

apokalypse, where do you get the idea that it will run on cards as low end as a 9700 Pro? I have never seen anything of the sort.

To the person who said this will be a DX10 game, this is actually a full DX9 game, it wont use DX10 features. It is being coded extensively with Shader Model 3, not 4.0. I believe the next FarCry engine though will use DX10 and SM4. If its anything like Far Cry 1 though, I dont believe its engine will have near as big of an impact on gaming as Unreal Engine 3.

Unreal Engine 3 is the biggest thing to happen to PC gaming since the Quake 3 engine back in 1999.

beedubaya said:
apokalypse, where do you get the idea that it will run on cards as low end as a 9700 Pro? I have never seen anything of the sort.
apparently it is the specified minimum requirements. I was saying that if the 9700 is in the minimum requirements, then it will run on the card. just not necessarily extremely well.
originally posted by lazerman
Actually minimum card just to play at lowest settings is the FX series or Radeon 9700. The 6800 Ultra/GS is just a recommendation for decent gaming at 1024x768.
originally posted by p0werslave
They won't make it that high of requirements since minimal card is a 9700, whic....

Just read the requirements for the game, it say the lowest is the Nvidia Geforce FX series and the ATI Radeon 9700.

Graphics

The most visible technological improvements in UT2007 come from the move to Unreal Engine 3. Environments are now alive with rich shaders, and per-pixel lit. As such, a DirectX 9 compatible card is a must. Expect the minimum spec graphics card to be an NVIDIA GeForce FX or ATI Radeon 9700 level card. If you're looking for decent performance however, you'll need to aim a little higher. At E3 2005, Epic's Tim Sweeney suggested an NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra level card for decent frame rates at 1024x768 resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom