UT2007 Requirements Aproved!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to upgrade next year for this game, mainly as Iv spent many a year playing games on low settings it sucks balls! PC games are best when all the lighting effects, shadows, high res models are all on full .It could be argued that if the gameplay is that good then you dont need high end graphics, but these days graphics add so much more to a game, so I shall be upgrading when the G80 nvidia comes out and getting dual core :).

baronvongogo said:
It wont be just 1 game many games will be using the unreal 3 engine and with direct x10 out and vista next year it`ll be an upgrade that`ll last for a few years.

Oh. That'd make a bit more sense ^_~ (not much of a gamer, yet, sorreh :p ). Didn't know other games used it's engine either. Meh. I'll prolly upgrade enough to go for it, kicks n giggles as they say! hope i'm not disappointed :amazed:

beedubaya said:
You will need a dual-core CPU for this game, preferrably an Athlon X2, as well as an Ageia PhysX card. Don't try to build now for this game, you aren't going to be able to do it. Today's hardware is mighty whimpy compared to what this game will need if you want to run it on high settings at 1280x1024 or higher.

Nonsense, complete nonsense. They won't make it that high of requirements since minimal card is a 9700, which speaks for itself on the rest of the system.

Its awhile before the games even out, so Id think they would make it for hardware this year and next, technology is progressing. I doubt u`ll need dual core but it`ll most certainly help. Im sure my current pc could run it just about but I dont want that Id prefere a complete upgrade by the end of next year just because I want the best I was always sick of having choppy graphics with my geforce 2 way back then Now i want it all!!.

And before I said some games will be using unreal 3 engine but it depends how the dev`s use it they could still make a crap game even if the engine is amazing.

baronvongogo said:
Its awhile before the games even out, so Id think they would make it for hardware this year and next, technology is progressing.

It is, but i don't think quickly enough to render a 7800gtx obsolete by the time of its release, right? I'm sure it'll run fine on it. Then again, by the time of its release dual core processors could be waaaay down.

Unreal 3 Engine will be used in many, many titles after the release of UT2007, it will be the next standard for gaming. It will be what they thought the Doom 3 engine would be but it never happened because of the Doom 3 engine's limitations. So yes, upgrading around this game will assure the playability of games for at lest 2-3 years after its release.

P.S., you wont need a dual-core processor to run it, but it will be almost a requirement to run it at decent settings because of CPU demands. And lets shut up about it running on a 9700 Pro or FX series card, thats nonsense. The requirements will clearly be 6 series minimum for Nvidia (6600 GT i imagine), and for ATI, i don't know. Lets just say we will be lucky if we have a SM2.0 fallback mode so it will run on the X800/X850 series cards. I imagine it will run pretty poorly on those cards though especially in SM2.0.

beedub, did you even read the **** page? It's most likely ilegal to lie about tech specs to sell a game off.

Sorry if you think everyone needs a super computer to run this game, but they really don't. the same thing happened whne battlefield 2 came out, and a lot of people played it just fine with low end pc's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom