need help networking computers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
hey i have been trying to network my computers for about an hour and the computer that is directly connected to the router wont let me access its printers or anything else is says "you might not have permission to access this resource" but on the computer that is connected to the router i have allowed printer sharing and filesharing and it still gives me that message.

any ideas or tutorials thanx.

Alot of times when I have that type of problem its the firewall.How is your router set up?What type of router do you have?

Did u share the printer?, u hafta right click it an share this device.

i have a net gear range max router just to let u know. i will try out your suggestions latter in the day and tell u if they work.

the printer is hooked up to the computer with a direct connection and even wen the printer and direct connected computer are on it still doesnt show up

It is almost always caused by it being blocked by windows firewall or some third party firewall (like McAfee). Try turning all your firewalls off (not the router firewall) and see if it works. Another thing I've noticed is windows' icons under My Network Places don't always update quickly. Try just entering in the IP of the node you're trying to access like this:

\\192.168.x.x

Sometimes directly requesting it works better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom