6800GS--Graphic settings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
since when is 1gb enough? (1GB IS OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE)

(YOU WILL NEED A 2GB DUAL CHANNEL MEMORY KIT TO MAX GAMES OUT, UNLESS YOU LIKE MEMORY LAG BECASUE U WILL RECEIVE IT LOL. AND SERIOUSLY YOU NEED 2 GIGS OR YOUR NOT MAXING ANYTHING OUT

and (sickness) it was not ur intel cpu lol unless its celeron possibly jk but you were lagging becasue you need 2gigs of memory, duh i belive everybody knows this lol. you will get better performance with a 6800 with 2 gigs then you will with a 7800gt with 1 gig. and this is really the truth.dont think ur gonna run it all with a bad ass video card and a gig of memory. well really the games all are needing 1536mb memory but whos runs that? socket 754 users lol jk, dual channel is awesome in games lol so just face it and say 1 gig is dead. buy 2 gigs

sickness said:
I lagged pretty bad with my 2.0 GHz w/ 1GB of ram and 6800 Ultra in BF2, all settings to high. Could of been my Intel CPU tho.
yes the CPU would be bottlenecking it there.
the CPU plays a part in making the graphics. it makes all the shapes and sends them to the graphics card, which colours them.
each object is made up of polygons. the more polygons, the better the shapes will be. older graphics sometimes looked "boxy" because they didn't have many polygons. newer graphics have millions of polygons and things are a lot more rounded.
of course, the more polygons, the more the CPU has to deal with.

on top of making the shapes, it also processes the physics. for example X object is moving Y fast in Z direction, and has an acceleration of A in B direction etc....

2GB RAM is not essential for games. most will run with descent frames on 1GB, with the exception of maybe FEAR on high settings, and Unreal Tournament 2007

6800GT maxes out BF2, not sure about FEAR don't play it, but HL2 is fine, and thus CS:S is easily done.

Ive played CS:S, HL2, BF:2, and FEAR all on my current machine and it runs them all flawlessly. Sometimes the unlucky internet lag, but thats it.

X850 XT PE
1 Gig of Samsung DDR2
Pentium 4 3.4 Prescott D
"Horrible Asus or Dell produced motherboard"

sickness said:
I lagged pretty bad with my 2.0 GHz w/ 1GB of ram and 6800 Ultra in BF2, all settings to high. Could of been my Intel CPU tho.

they were talkng about sick :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom