System Restart Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbhakta

Baseband Member
Every time im in the proccess of burning a cd my computer just restarts then it gives me an error about minidumps. Even if i leave my computer sit for a while, it might restart. i recently added ram and a new hardrive...also i thought my burner was the problem so i bought a new one...what can i do?

Well, the problem is most likely hardware, but I seriously doubt it is the CD-RW drive. What operating system are you running?
If you are running 2k or XP you can stop the PC from rebooting automatically by right-clicking on My Computer and going into properties. Goto the advanced tab and then click on the start-up and recovery tab. Under System failure, uncheck Automatically reboot.
As for a solution to this problem, try removing the recently added RAM and then try burning the CD again and see if you are getting the same results.

-Mike

i am running windows xp, also if i disable the auto restart then a blue screen appears...also ive tried the taking oout the new ram and also leaving the new one in and taking it out. the same thing happen

"Blue Screen Of Death". That will be your error message, Sometimes not much help though.;)

"i recently added ram and a new hardrive..."
~~~
that's the problem, pull out the newly added ram and see whether the problem still there?

ive already did that, also i reinstalled windows....the first 2 cds burned fine, (the same songs) then everytime i try to do it after it just freezes...this is with nothing installed. And the BSOD i used to get was sumthing like not equal or less...sumthing like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom