Xbox vs PC: A Hardware Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
killians45 said:
Oh yeah, also note much of the first gen software will NOT take full advantage of all the hardware, wont even come close to it. I would say you will see some improvements with Oblivion and Halo3, but it'll take a full year or so before the hardware begins to even get scratched. Thats always been the norm on consoles.

Idk about that.

talldude123 said:
the xbox 360? my celeron is a POS compared to it!

-3 symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each (IBM PowerPC)
-1 MB L2 cache
-512 MB GDDR3 RAM
-22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
-21.6 GB/s front-side bus
-10 MB of graphics memory :(
-12X dual-layer DVD-ROM
-Detachable and upgradeable 20 GB hard drive
-3 USB 2.0 ports
-Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD
-Multichannel surround sound audio output

the 10mb of video memory is on die meaning its cache 10 megs of it and also the chip has access to the system memory so it is not a bad thing

digitaloracle said:
I personally want 45+

as long as the minimum doesnt go below around 24 then we cant tel the dif anywayz doesnt matter how many fps you get maximum

yeh these game machines are made for basically just games (now they start putting multimedia stuff in turning too much like pcs)

BlkShdw88 said:
as long as the minimum doesnt go below around 24 then we cant tel the dif anywayz doesnt matter how many fps you get maximum

That's a load because you can see up to 60 FPS for a good human, and at least 45 for average people.

the fact is...3.2 Ghz is a pretty good processor for $400, because i'll bet the processor alone costs $400 to put into a computer.

DJ-CHRIS said:
That's a load because you can see up to 60 FPS for a good human, and at least 45 for average people.

yes we can see as many frames a second as we want but the frames become a fluid motion around the 24fps mark thats why cinemas and normal tv is smooth. it depends on what your talking about i spose.

talldude123 said:
the fact is...3.2 Ghz is a pretty good processor for $400, because i'll bet the processor alone costs $400 to put into a computer.
3.2Ghz is an intel Number AMD hasn't reached that yet. Are you recommending a Intel over AMD?

Originally posted by killians45

Oh yeah, also note much of the first gen software will NOT take full advantage of all the hardware, wont even come close to it. I would say you will see some improvements with Oblivion and Halo3, but it'll take a full year or so before the hardware begins to even get scratched. Thats always been the norm on consoles.

Camden

Idk about that.

Yes, its true. The current games, CoD2 for example does not use much as far as procedural synthesis, and I THINK it only uses 2 cores, if even that. You must realize what it is like now to program on a system like this. It is unique. I do programming, but nothing as complex as what these people do, however I do know that it takes awhile to fully utilize a systems hardware and software capabilities. I think Oblivion will really utilize the procedural synthesis. Also, direct manipulation of the cache will eventually, although tedious, open other avenues. Remember donkey kong on the old nintendo systems. Okay graphics, then one day 'bam'! Out comes donkey kong country. That was from exploiting a systems resources. Its the reason why games get better and better looking on current generations. New hardware didn't just magically appear in the consoles, the developers learned how to develope better. There is so much that this thing can do, it takes time to learn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom