Windows ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WWS

In Runtime
I have 2 250Gb hard drives but windows only recognized one of them. How do I get the other one to be recognized??

I am not running any Raid Configurations, and the bios recognizes both hard drives.

I forgot to mention that my two HD's are SATA 3.0 so do I still have to set one to master and one to slave??

Yes. Also, when sata made its debut, some mobos wouldn't recognize it til after a driver was loaded. Most amd mobos need drivers, though many intel boards recognize it right away. Have you loaded drivers?

No I did not format both of them. When installing windows, windows formatted one of them, How do I format the other Hard drive?

Can you see the drive in windows disk managment or in the CMOS setup?

If you can't see it from either then, try a differen't SATA cable/Connector, Try Different molex connector.

Here is the deal, Windows does recognize the second hard drive but is not using it. How do I get this drive to work?? Please Help.

Have you done the master/slave setting yet? You might also want to check on them under the device manager, the second one might be "disabled" by default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom