Air turbulence... Can I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
My case fan and PSU fan produce a lot of noise. Will cutting the grill out of them most likely reduce the noise?

Runs at 38 celsius idle, around 45 loaded, so can I remove the case fan?

will definately lower temps my system dropped from 40c mobo temp to 29c all because those pesky grilles (cheap case very SMALL holes )

i lowered my temps by almost 7c by just zip tiwing a regular case fan onto my heatsink (its an Articcooler7 its a beast of a heatsink) but what kind of wholes we talking my case as honeycomb shaped ones, should i cut those out?

Just ripped the grill off my PSU and case... Idle is down to 32, even under load, rarely goes over 40.

Is also a tiiiiny bit quieter, but the heatsink fan needs to be replaced, since that's making them most noise...

I hate fans. My PC has like 6 fans in it. Now that it's cold outside where I live and my air conditioner isn't on anymore, My PC sounds like a freakin' helicopter about to take off....

IF I had the cash... I buy one of these $1200 ZALMAN completely passive cooling system cases.
case_inside_02-fig%2015.jpg

truse me the hum of the drives will annoy you next i made an old p3 silent no fans and i thought i could get some quiet no i could hear the HDs spinning.

Yeah, dude why don't you just buy a fan controller for a few bucks?
You got the optimum cooling/noise then :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom