G71 and UT2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are all saying things about HUGE cards. well what type of computer have they been showing the demo of ut07 on? surly that would tell you of what you need.

also, enemy territory: quake wars is using the doom3 engine heavily modified of course, that is suposidly going to rival the unreal 3.0 engine (pc zone, newest issue), and that engine will according to the makers, run on the same spec comp as doom 3 did.....

also, enemy territory: quake wars is using the doom3 engine heavily modified of course, that is suposidly going to rival the unreal 3.0 engine (pc zone, newest issue), and that engine will according to the makers, run on the same spec comp as doom 3 did.....
BAHAHAHAH Its supposed to rival it, but it wont come close to it. Im sorry but i would cream over Oblivian screenshots faster than looking at Doom3 running on my computer. IDC if its heavily modified or not, its still nothing compared to Unreal3.

You all just get your $3000 PCs just for UT2K7 and I'll just laugh at you from my couch, playing the same game maxed out on my ($460) Xbox360.

People underestimate what the Doom 3 engine is capable of just because its first two titles didn't really take advantage of its features. Something I like about the Doom 3 engine though is it looks great and runs like a dream on today's PCs. 1 7800GT will eat the Doom 3 engine for breakfast...no need for SLI or Crossfire which you will need if you want to run Unreal Engine 3 on today's cards.

Instead of spending a RIDICULOUS amount of money on a new graphics card and 2GB or RAM, I think I will just go out and buy myself a PS3.

This is why PC gaming is all but dead. Several Gamespot locations in my area have quit selling PC games alltogether. There is one that still sells them, but they are on a little rack by the used PS2 games. I asked them why, and basically they told me nobody buys PC games anymore, so it costs them money to stock them. And yes, it does get tiring having to upgrade your video card all the time just to play the latest games...

However, I blame this more on PC manufacturers such as Dell and HP. The average PC today found in a retail store comes with 256MB of RAM, a Celeron/Sempron processor, Intel Integrated graphics, and usually a 40GB or 80GB hard drive. These are the computers 90% of people get, and you can't even dream of running the latest games on these PCs that retail stores will tell you are "top of the line". Plus, they haven't really gotten any better in the last 3 years, just cheaper. That is why PC gaming is dying and UT2007 will be a failure on the PC.

Chankama said:
Instead of spending a RIDICULOUS amount of money on a new graphics card and 2GB or RAM, I think I will just go out and buy myself a PS3. And I will take my MX 518 and a USB keyboard, and connect them to the PS3. And for about $450 Cdn (they will cut the prices to meet the XBox 360 price slashes), I will have a system that can play UT2007, as good as any system you boys put together for like $2000 US. :)

Doesn't that make everyone feel good? :)

Makes me feel good. As an added bonus (and to bash PC gaming even more into the ground) you can connect your console to your Uber-amazing LCD monitor as well.

In the next two years, PC games wont even exist. I imagine I will probably do one more gaming build, then just go console after that. I would prefer the PC though, so I am going to hold out as long as I can.

beedubaya said:
In the next two years, PC games wont even exist.

That is the stupidous thing i have ever heard in my entire life. How do you come to such a ridiculous conclusion like that? PC gaming will never die out, its only gonna grow stronger with the major technological improvements happening over the coming years....

espeed said:
That is the stupidous thing i have ever heard in my entire life. How do you come to such a ridiculous conclusion like that? PC gaming will never die out, its only gonna grow stronger with the major technological improvements happening over the coming years....

Well, it may not die out completely, but its becomming more insignifficant, because the money is in consoles. I was talking to a guy in Gamespot about it and he says there just isn't much of a market for PC games anymore, which is why they dont sell them at that location. Best Buy in my area used to have 2 full rows of PC games, now they just have a little cart about 5 feet wide. It may just be because I live in hick country though...you are in the top 2% here if you have XP and broadband.

Even if it doesn't "die out" it's certainly going to get violated pretty fast. Economics is the great equalizer. PC gaming is much more expensive than console gaming.

I hope everyone can appreciate the fact that an un-upgradable, pre-built system is MUCH cheaper to manufacture than a traditional PC.

I mean just look at the numbers. A PS3 will cost about $399 US. And it's not a bad system at all. A comparable PC system will cost you what exactly? :rolleyes:

Little by little, people will move away from PCs to consoles. It's not that "just PCs" are advancing - consoles are advancing too.

And before someone brings up this "can't upgrade, so consoles suck" nonsence, well how often do u upgrade your PC anyways? 3 years after the PS3, I will go down to the store and buy a PS4. It will cost me $400 as well. Do the math :)

Oh no, we're not getting into the console vs. PC debate again...back on topic please and thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom