Windows ME Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
vaderpro said:
Well thats because you have too many background programs running. Hit control /alt /delete and shut down everything except systray and explorer. Should defrag after that.

Tried that - no dice. Nothing is in there that shouldn't be. ALl the epson stuff is done. Just system processes.

I used ME for a few years, only problem I had was it would run out of memory after leaving it on. Does ME have system restore? If it does you could try doing that...or just keep shutting it down when you get the cursor until they get XP.

xr280xr said:
I used ME for a few years, only problem I had was it would run out of memory after leaving it on. Does ME have system restore? If it does you could try doing that...or just keep shutting it down when you get the cursor until they get XP.

I have an XP Home OEM copy on the way. I can't even screw with printers, there's a DLL crash. I literally can't manipulate anything in control panel. Display properties are hosed too. I did a scandisk and the drive checked out. I akso whipped out the Western Digital utility and it checked out on there too, so I don't believe its a hardware issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom