3dmark01

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kraut

In Runtime
I used 3dmark01 to test my machine and i got 4738 with this system:

Intel Celeron, 2000 mhz (northwood i believe)
Soyo P45 Dragon Ultra
2x 512mb ValueSELECT RAM and 1 256mb stick
Radeon 9600 Pro Series
Western Digital 40gb harddrive
Antec Case (not sure which one)
2 cd drives (only work partially)
300W Antec PSU
Floppy drive

Would this be a normal score for this setup? I am getting a new computer anyways but i would like to know if there is anything i could do to improve the score. I will post 03 and 05 scores later if they ever finish downloading. Thanks

That's probably about right. If you're not overclocked, you could do that to raise your score, especially if you overclock the card. But seeing as how you're getting that nice comp in your signature, I wouldn't spend any money on that thing.

How much could i overclock this thing? I dont have any experiance in doing it and i thought i might try to gain some by doing so on my current one.

depends on your ram. If you overclock your fsb and ram your ram may not handle being overclocked. If you use a divider you will loose performance heaps. Is your ram DDR 400 because if it is then you have a bit of room for overclocking your fsb. Im thinking you have a 533 fsb cpu but download cpuz and give me some info about your CPU and Ram speeds.

Here it is:

cpu
Core Speed: 2004.4 MHz
Multiplier: x 20.0
FSB: 100.2 MHz
Bus Speed: 400.9 mhz

RAM
PC3200 (200 MHz)

I also took 3dmark03 and scored 1757. :p

thats v.good

that means in theory you could double your fsb before you reach your rams max. What cooling do you have? what temps are you currently running at? check in bios.

I have stock air cooling at the moment and the cpu runs at 20C and the the system at 76C on idle.

Whoops, nevermind that, i was looking at Aux. The motherboard is at 29C. Do you think i could OC this alittle?

Dude

thats all you got...

I think something doesnt sound quite right...

sorry man but i think its time for an upgrade

i think i scored about 8k in 3dmark05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom