Urgent : I have an error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rzv

Solid State Member
When I start my computer, it writes: windows protection error. You need to restart your computer, and it works only in safe mode. Please what must i do?

I have win 98 on that pc

I am not sure if it will work on Win98, but boot into safe more, open up an msdos prompt, and type "sfc /scannow" w/o quotes. it should scan your system files and replace them with ones on a 98 disc I assume you have.

It looks like the comand works only on XP. Does a command in 98 exist which works as this one works on xp( i tried it on xp and works but not in the msdos for 98)

I believe its called scanreg /restore

However, go into DM in safe mode and check for any duplicates. If you have all driver info and know your way around windows, remove the PCI bus and restart. It will redetect all the hardware in case there is a conflict. Actually, first thing to try is go to safe mode and change your video display to 'standard PCI graphics adapter - VGA', doesn't matter if its AGP or not... its a generic safe driver. Restart. If it comes up into normal mode, granted with crappy display, then its the video card and just download/install new drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom