hOW CAN I RE-INSTALL WINDOWS MILLENIUM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prolificpetunia

Solid State Member
Hi! Can someone help me get out of safe mode and also reinstall Windows Milleniou Edition to my computer? I did repair in there and I guess I shouldn't have while in safe mode, as it remobed Windows Millenium. What do you suggest doing? I have a Compaq #1 Presario computer. Series 5000. Model 508OUS. Other number often asked for is: 2H18JLSTD1SA.

Did you buy this machine new from Compaq or used from someone else? Either way, do you have a system restore disk that came with the machine?

-Mike

Hi, Mike!
We bought this computer new, from Circuit City store here in Traverse City, several years ago. I have repaired the computer several times so far with their recovery disks. The first one is not to be used twice - a different one is recommended for repairing it following the first recovery done on the machine. I used that 2nd kind once so far. I suppose I could use it again. But first I thought I would try to fix the computer without having to go through with all that, because when you restore it back to factory condition, you lose all that you put on the computer and have to go to the bother of putting it all back on after fixing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom