Best overclockable Dual Core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while ago. I dom't remember actually. I think it was like mabey a month or a month and a half ago. Mabey more. I reformatted my PC since I got it so I no longer have the email the has the date I placed the order.

ok so since im water colling i could oc the 165 to perform even better than the oc'd 1000$ san diego?>?!?!

I was talking with air cooling in mind. If you have water cooling you are going to get some very good overclocking.

I just ordered mine from monarch. Eventhough I ordered it once it was raised to $359, i got it for $339 because I put it in my cart before the price went up. Can you elaborate more on where you heard it had good steppings from monarch?

what im really trying to figure out is that with watercooling could the 165 outperform a 800-1000$ video card under the same watercooling loop?

Peace gents
-Maximilian

What do you mean outperform an $800-1000 video card? It would probably outperform an $800-1000 processor if that processor isnt overclocked while the 165 is overclocked.

If you mean would it outperform a $1000 CPU, then the answer is yes. And if you mean would it bottleneck a $1000 video card, then the answer is no (if you overclock it). Even if you OC the video card the answer is still no.

An Opteron is a processor, not a video card...

If you mean actually comparing a processor speed to that of a video card, the processor wouldn't come close. A GPU is much more complex and much more powerful than a CPU

Because they were cheaper than the athlon equivalent and AMD was losing money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom