G71 and UT2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoL so i heard people were saying these rumors arent true, and now they are? :confused: why did i buy a 7800GT right now ?

P.P. Mguire said:
\dual ramdacs.
cards already have that. And guys, no there are NOT any 1gb cards in the making. How long have 256mb cards been out now?? Hmm? A very long time? And ho many games can even use all 256mb to it's advantage?? Hmm? Again, none. 512mb cards just recently came out, and there is absolutely NOTHING that even uses 384mb of them. They will be here for a very long time, and you're not going to see 1gb cards until late 2007 or early 2008, AT THE MINIMUM.

Dude look at it this way, hwo would you know that 1gig cards arent in the making? You got connections? Didnt think so. You have to have the technology to make the games and obviously if they are saying you need all this and that for these games then that means they are building on the technology alerady. My point is, i think they will and back then 64mb cards wernt needed but they had come out w/ 128 and 256 and ppl like you where saying its not needed and not in the making. Bullshit, its needed now and 1gig cards are right around the corner. Same 4gig of ram and all that BS.

P.P. Mguire said:
You got connections?
Yes actually, the nvidia CEO is a family friend, and I am personal friends with the vice president of powercolor.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Save all of your pennies kids... UT2007 is going to cost you $50 plus a $10,000 gaming PC.

Sarcasm...

You wont need a $10,000 gaming machine, but expect to pay at least $2,000.

Blah blah blah...like I've always said and continue to say you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves...you're spitting out rumours

PPUs have yet to be developed and/or tested in real world performance. The impact of a PPU on gaming performance and the extent of support for the PPU are unknown. This is fact

The G71/r580 and above cards have neither be developed, nor tested in real world performance. Driver support for either of these GPUs are unknown at this point and technical specifications are only as good as they actually work, not how well they look on paper. This is fact

Multithread instruction sets have not been applied to a complete real world enviroment as of yet, let alone availibility in gameplay. The impact of multithreaded instructions on gaming performance and their ability to be processed faster than single threaded instruction sets are unknown at this time. Support for this is also unknown. This is fact

64 bit instruction sets have yet to be tested in a suitable 64 bit desktop enviroment, let alone during gameplay. Furthermore, 64 bit instruction sets have thus far only proven useful for large chunks of instructions such as large database and audio/video use. 64 bit instruction sets are larger than prior 32 bit sets, therefore one 64 bit instruction will take up more cache size/system memory/resources than one 32 bit instruction set. This is fact

You can speculate and discuss as much as you like, but you can absolutely in no way, shape or form take those speculations and turn them into conclusions and facts...you will not know the answers until such technologies become availible and are tested by qualified and experienced experts who know what to look for

Or maybe you guys should hold off until 2020 for UT2020 and then you can buy 16 G1337 cores and SLI them because I hate to break it to you but your G71/G80/whatever will be $1000 pieces of trash :rolleyes:

Instead of spending a RIDICULOUS amount of money on a new graphics card and 2GB or RAM, I think I will just go out and buy myself a PS3. And I will take my MX 518 and a USB keyboard, and connect them to the PS3. And for about $450 Cdn (they will cut the prices to meet the XBox 360 price slashes), I will have a system that can play UT2007, as good as any system you boys put together for like $2000 US. :)

Doesn't that make everyone feel good? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom