Which is a better processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munson

Baseband Member
Just out of curiosity which of these is a better/faster processor?
The intel 830 dual core or the amd athlon 64x2 4400 dualcore? The reason i ask this is im building a computer and had originally planned on the amd and started wondering about their speed vs pentiums the amd is at 2.2ghz while the intel is at 3.0.. someone help me out here

i would think the amd, but they should both run modern programs with about the same performance

so there is no difference in performance? Thats what im not understanding is how the amds perform the same as the intel's which are normally higher processing speed.. Is it because the l1,l2 cache and fsb are higher on the amd?

the AMD one is better because it has a better architecture, as intel rushed to get the first dual core processor out they messed up. and amd a couple of months later, did more reasearch and gotten the dual core architecture down. so go with amd defintely

AMD doesn't measure clock speeds the same way intel does. An AMD cpu at 2.2ghz will be faster than an Intel cpu at 3ghz.

in games they prolly be the same with a +/- 5-10 fps. If you gaming focus on the video card.

ok, how does this system sound
asus a8n-sli deluxe
amd 64x2 4400
1gb corsair ddr
in an aspire x0super alien case with 500w power
xfx geforce 7800gt

amd's dual core cpu's are generally said to be better cpu's overall, even in business or application tasks.

About AMD and Intel speeds, the AMD is more "efficient", so it does more per clock cycle but the Intel does less per clock cycle but it does more clock cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom