A8N-SLI Premium - Still Won't Post - What Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbOrdell

Solid State Member
Here's my stuff:
ASUS A8N SLI Premium / Qty 1 ASUS 7800GTX TOP / AMD x2 4800+ / Cucial Ballistic 2 gig kit / Antec Truepower 2 550W / Antec P180 case / Dual Samsung 940b 19" LCDs

The system will only post 1 of 3 times requiring multiple resets to finally get the one beep and boot. When it does boot in often freezes up at the windows log on, or after log on. When it does run it runs good until I try a game - then it freezes as soon as the 3D action starts and must be reset.

When the system is running temps never reach 40C and voltages are all withing range of norm. I've performed every conceivable combination of hardware trouble shooting including disconnecting all components one by one, removing and swapping single ram modules, RMA'd video card with new on, and RMA'd power supply with new one. The only thing that seemed to make a difference is the second PSU allowed 3dMark to run a while before it froze. So I'm just guessing that a different, slightly larger (more stable) supply might help. There's a few guys on the Asus forum that had similar posting problems and claim that a move from the Anten PSU to the Seasonic did the trick for them.

I'm out of ideas and my only remaining options are to upgrade the PSU, then RMA the mobo for same, then RMA mobo for different one (not sure which).

Any tips of suggestions on my next move would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Barb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom