What is This?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodcock68

Beta member
1-picture.jpg

i got this from a guy at work he doesn't know where it came from, or how old it is, he described it as a 'light pen' or something like that! i haven't got any disks or software to go with it.

there are no manufacturers names on it and the other end of the cable is like that of a network cable (RJ45).

should there be a board that this attaches to?

Is there any way of getting this to work??

I'm guessing it is an old graphics tablet type pen system??

looks like a pen for writing to your computer. Does it have a serial port connector, or maybe a PS2? I'd bet it had a tablet to write on so you could write on your computer (I don't know why you would want to do that, typing's faster and neater...)

like i said it has a network type connector (RJ45)

i guessed that it probably should have a tablet or at least a expansion card to go in the computer and for it to connect to.

i have tried to take it apart to find out anything else about it but it won't come apart without breaking it. so i am having troubel finding info about it (all i know about it is what it looks like!)

it has also been suggested to me that it is a 'light pen', but have no idea if this is right or not!

if you hit that blue button, does a light saber come out?

;) i'd say chuck it. if it's a tablet pen, you need to board. if it's not, and you can't connect it, what good is it...

its probably used for autocad, most likely it is unuseable without the tablet and software (which costs a fortune). this is no ordinary tablet like intuous graphire for photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom