G71 and UT2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
I was wondering what people here think how good Nvidia's G71 gpu will run UT2007 and other Unreal Engine 3.0 games. If you don't already know it is going to be 90nm and 32 pipelines and is probably going to run at 700-750 MHz core and probably some really fast memory. I think that it would run UT2007 and UE3.0 games at high settings.

I decided to wait and get a G71 (or if ATI's card is faster I might get that) which is going to be released around late January or Feburary.

the G71 doesn't have a number yet but people suspect it's going to be 7900 Ultra. I could wait for the G80 cards which has Pixel Shader 4.0 and is going to be DirectX 10 and optimized for Vista but mid 2006 is pretty **** late and I can't wait any longer for my PC.

yeah it will runnit like crap u goona need Tri sli that means you go it! three sli setups with 8 8 cores cpu and 1 gb of ram. got it man.

The G71 or R580 are probably the cards you would need to play UT2007 smoothly at decent settings. I am holding off on a 7800gt, so I can get the top model G71 or R580 when they come out.

BTW just in case anybody is wondering, the rumored specs for the G71 is 32 pipes and something like a 700mhz clock speed. The rumored specs for the R580 is still 16 pipes, but each pipe is susposed to be able to excute 3 instructuions at once, making for 48 theoretical pipes. I don't know what the clock speeds will be like. BOth the R580 and G71 are susposed to have GDDR4 RAM.

EDIT:
Who cares if the g80 is susposed to be out mid 2006? UT2007 is susposed to be out around the holiday season of 2006, a lot of people misunderstand this, we still have a long way to go.

he asked something that we cant answer

we dont know wait until it comes man. Look at it this way the besttha tone that cost 400-700 will play the latest game at the same time it costs 400-700 go it.

Well, I think G80 is going to be minimum for running it maxed at a resolution over 1024x768 with AA and AF if you want to do it with a single card.

Im hoping my 7800GT holds out until then....

beedubaya said:
Well, I think G80 is going to be minimum for running it maxed at a resolution over 1024x768 with AA and AF if you want to do it with a single card.

Probably, that game looks like a monster. But I just want to play at high setting.

This is what I think
GeForce 6 series = low settings
GeForce 7800 GT/X ---- Radeon X1800XT = med settings
GeForce 7800GTX 512MB med/high settings
G71 or R580 = High/Max settings
G80 = Max settings

This is all single cards and without PPUs. This is just what I guess but we can't be for sure till the game actually comes out.

I doubt you will be able to play it on max settings even with a G80.

003 said:
I doubt you will be able to play it on max settings even with a G80.

I think it will take 2 G80s or G81s in SLI to play on max settings, 1600x1200. 1 G80 will be able to pull off 1280x1024. I read somewhere that it will take a 1GB card to run textures on high.

The 7800GT, and even GTX, while it is a good card now, it will really start to suck in about a year when Unreal Engine 3 games start hitting the market.

check this out:
http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=2492
It claims that the G80 is going to take the "unified shader approach", which means there won't be seperate pipelines for the vertex shaders and the pixel shaders, there will be a single set of pipelines that do both. And it says that the core clock speed might be around 1GHz. I'd love to see that thing in action.

EDIT:
LOL! A 1gb card :rolleyes: Doom 3 and FEAR barely use 256mb on a video card, let alone 512mb. What makes you think you will need a 1GB card???? lol, there won't be any such thing for a VERY VERY long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom